managing to get on/chat with someone with no interest in music

Claire

Prowler
I love chatting to interesting people, so I joined this penpal service, just to see how it goes. This lady who's written to me doesn't even mention the music she likes [or *anything* she enjoys doing for that matter] Both of her friends work [BOTH ?!]  :blink:she can't apparently [or won't? I don't know] Oh, how the gloom came over me. [
I don't want to be rude to her, but I was expecting somebody with some concert chat. What on earth do I do? What do you all do when you end up chatting to somebody who has no interest in music? :help:

Claire said:
What do you all do when you end up chatting to somebody who has no interest in music? :help:

Talk about something else...

Perun is right.  You shouldn't force anyone to talk about something they don't want to talk, I mean, what for?  As matter of fact, in my humble opinion, you should be able to talk about different topics.

Either that or just ask, "So, what music are you into?" But from what you say Music is the least of this person's worries lol

It's very difficult to have interesting conversations with people who aren't into music. Personally, I feel that the music I listen to, and play, is what makes me who I am. People uninterested in music...I tend to have a hard time getting along with them. It doesn't matter if they like the same music as I do, because that's very rare with the mixture I listen to, but they've gotta have some sort of interest in music.

Liberation said:
It's very difficult to have interesting conversations with people who aren't into music.

No it's not.  :huh:
I'd rather say it's very difficult to have interesting conversations with people who aren't into anything but music.

Especially if they're into the same kind of music you're into...I mean, I can only handle, "Isn't Iron Maiden great?  I love Adrian Smith, I love Bruce, blahblahblah Hallowed blahblahblah Nicko's insane" so many times.  I'd love a good conversation about the merits of rap (i.e., an argument where I prove there are none), for instance.

Back