1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man of Sorrows vs. The Man of Sorrows!! Which is better??!?!?

Discussion in 'Best of / Worst of Polls forum' started by Collin, Aug 13, 2016.

?

Which 'Man of Sorrows' is the better song?!?

1. Bruce Dickinson's

67.9%
  2. Iron Maiden's

32.1%
  1. Collin

Collin Jambi

Similar to my old thread, Alchemist vs Alchemist, We must answer the age old question (since last September at least..) Who did it better? Maiden or Bruce? Vote!!!

2. Spambot

Spambot Nomad

Voted for Bruce's version since after almost 1 year of constant listening I can't remember a single melody from Maiden version. If there were Bruce's Spanish version (Hombre Triste) in poll I would've voted for that - makes me giggle every time.

3. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Bruce's. One of my favourite Bruce songs.

4. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Not a huge fan of the Bruce song while Maiden is one of my favorites.

5. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Dave's song is awesome, even Bruce says so.

Collin likes this.
  6. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Huge fan of both songs. Both are underrated out here (the Maiden song more so than any other metal song released in the last two years). The Bruce song never reached the top 10 in a Bruce survivor, which is odd.

7. RTC

RTC Libera et impera!

Haven't listened to the Bruce one in a while, but the Maiden one is probably the weakest on its album. I remember the Bruce version being better than that.

8. Collin

Collin Jambi

This exactly. I won't be voting for it in the survivor. Such an amazing song. Even though I went with the Maiden song.

9. Albie

Albie Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.

I actually prefer Bruce's version a lot more than Maiden's version. Whilst I rank Bruce's as one his best tracks prior to Chemical wedding but Maiden's version is one of the weaker tracks on Book if Souls.

10. Ariana

Ariana Purple leopard

Bruce.

11. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

Bruce for me as well. Even though I really love Maiden's. The Alchemist is a tough one though. I think Maiden's gets a slight edge because of the 5 separate vocal parts. However, I'm still undecided on Bring Your Daughter. :p

12. Definitely prefer Bruce's.

13. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

Bruce Dickinson.

Nothing wrong with "The Man of Sorrows" as a song, but I don't like the sub-par, shaky performance of it that ended up on the album (which could have been avoided if they'd let the songs rest before recording).

Gk1 likes this.
  14. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

Bruce's. Hands down. It has more power and I think it managed to earn a classic status. The Maiden's one is a fine song, but not nearly as memorable.

15. Much prefer Bruce's.