'Making of...' new album online

Raven

Ancient Mariner
A documentary about the processes of writing, rehearsing, recording and mixing the new album, 'A Matter of Life and Death', can now be viewed on Maiden's site at this location.

I loved this feature...it really gave an insight into the crafting of AMoLaD, moreso than Kevin's diaries.  I particularly liked the way Nicko and 'Arry were both so shocked that they didn't have an argument! ;)

Raven said:
A documentary about the processes of writing, rehearsing, recording and mixing the new album, 'A Matter of Life and Death', can now be viewed on Maiden's site at this location.

I loved this feature...it really gave an insight into the crafting of AMoLaD, moreso than Kevin's diaries.  I particularly liked the way Nicko and 'Arry were both so shocked that they didn't have an argument! ;)
Thanks Raven. This documentary is probably the doc featured on the dvd included in the limited edition of AMOLAD. Hum.

What a wonderful bass melody between 00:33 and 00:48...and "Longest Day" promises very good  :yey:

Forostar said:
Not the greatest idea to watch this now. It's 25% of the dvd-feature of the upcoming record.

They may have a slightly different feature on the DVD of the album...it isn't a great marketing move to release so much bonus material just before launch!

I think I just spoiled the album for myself.  Every time I listen to the previews I get pissed off by the poor quality of the production.  I know it's just at 64kbps but just by looking at the way Bruce's vocals are recorded shows me the problems there are going to be... shouting his loudest right up close to the mic... this "maximum volume" approach to the recording will destroy the quality :(

Conor said:
I think I just spoiled the album for myself.  :(
I can understand since I decided to stop watching those sort of things some times ago. I listened to "The reincarnation" when they put it online but I didn't listen to the other tracks available nor to the album previews. Same thing for this video. Better wait for the official cd release. I got the single yesterday and I'm currently listening to it while posting this. I still believe this track is weak and I'm still desesperate for a decent bside but that's life.  :innocent:
I ordered the limited edition of AMOLAD so I could watch the documentary on the 28th of August... -_-

Back