Maidenfans Paris Meet-Up 2008

Hunlord

Trooper
Just thought I'd throw up the pics that were taken when me, Per, Freaky, Nush and Owly met in Paris last Tuesday. We went to the gig in Bercy, which was amazingly hot, sweaty and the crowd were crushing like mad, but of course Maiden were amazing.

Anyway, without further delay:

Jarek of NS, me, Per, Nush, Freaky and Owly.
DSC01331.jpg

Same line up, sans Owly.
DSC01332.jpg

I was also on the same train from Brussels as some guys that you might know, and nearly had a heart attack when I saw them...

DSC01317.jpg

DSC01316.jpg

And we also managed to meet Arry outside his hotel, and Lauren in the pub after the gig:

DSC01323.jpg

DSC01336.jpg

I'll let the rest of the guys add their own pictures with who they met, as it's not my place. Great to meet you all though, and I can't wait for the next one. Hopefully there will be more forumites and we'll see each other very soon. :D

As I told Hunny on MSN, I can't wait till I get to hang out with all you blokes - I'm the best looking of the bunch!

I'll second that. It was great to meet you all again, or for the first time.

Unfortunately, Steve Harris didn't get to meet me so I have no photo. Better luck next time!

Oh, Dave was on the train as well, and I said hi as I passed by him, but sadly he slipped away before I got a pic. And LC, you haven't seen the amazing body that I have, so reserve judgement. :p

Guys I'm jealous as hell! :)

So cool this! 

Wish I was there, would be cool to meet you (and Maiden!)
:ok:

I'm still completely psyched from this trip. Here's me with the Freakster:

DSC01320.jpg

Me with Steve:

mesteve.jpg

And, of course, Lauren:

DSC01338.jpg

It was fucking great. The gig was amazing, and it was great fun meeting all of you. I can't wait for Wacken, and after that, Basle!

Here's me and Perun (and a poor victim of our drunken ramblings) outside before the 2nd night. Good job you stayed for a few drinks, if not the gig.

DSC00012.jpg

Don't worry I'm looking forward to that as well.

By the way, you guys look huge compared to the Maiden members. ;)

Seriously, on a train and you bump into a couple of old blokes from Blighty. I'm lost for words.

How do you think I felt? I had to get first class, or else wait for an hour more, so I said "Fuck it", and when I was queuing to get on, I saw H, went to the back of the line, scrambling for my camera which was down the end of my haversack. Got on as it was too far down, and went into the wrong carriage, meaning that I had to walk past them, as in centimetres away to get to my one. When I was passing I said hi to them, and they said the same back. I then started to pull out all my dirty festival clothes, which the snooty businessmen did not appreciated. I bolted off the train, got a pic with Jan first, and then H, Dave slipped by somewhere. I got pulled over by customs then, so I couldn't catch up with them, but it was great, and the guys were really cool too.

national acrobat said:
Here's me and Perun (and a poor victim of our drunken ramblings) outside before the 2nd night. Good job you stayed for a few drinks, if not the gig.

Did you realise we emptied half a bottle of Smirnoff that day? It only occured to me when I suddenly spoke French in the Metro without problem ;)

Wow... What were they doing on the train by the way?  Just taking time off?  Do you have any idea where they were going to/coming from?

They played Graspop the day before, so they came from Brussels to Paris - just like Hunlord, and I was there to pick him up :)

Thanks for sharing these great photos. Good to see you all, AND Owly. You must have had a wonderful time. B)

Yeah, I saw them the night before, hence why I look so greasy in the pics with H and Jan. It was great to actually be able to put some real faces to the names that you know on the forum, and any time there's an Irish Maiden gig, you can feel free to come stay over here. ;)

You guys are messing with my mind. Stop it!

To me, forum members usually* look like their avatar. Hunlord looks like Quagmire, Perun like a moai, etc. Now you're inserting conflicting images into my brain and my poor neurons are shorting out. Knock it off!

Just kidding, of course. Great photos.

*Exception to that rule: LooseCannon, who looks nothing like Aragon. I happen to know he's an ugly cunt. :p

Back