Maiden Trivia

Martin

Trooper
Hi, I'm looking for special trivia displayed on main page about Nicko and Blaze (it's about how Nicko laught at Blaze)

So? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Nicko laughed at Blaze because...
I don't know, he was a dwarf and couldn't play football or something. Maybe it was Bruce who said that.
What's the big need for this knowledge anyway, it doesn't seem important. :huh

Refresh the main page until it pops up [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The box says that Nicko didn't like Blaze very much and during the intro to 'The Clansman', he would frequently stand up, point his finger at Blaze and laugh.

That's all.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jan 3 2006, 05:26 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jan 3 2006, 05:26 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The box says that Nicko didn't like Blaze very much and during the intro to 'The Clansman', he would frequently stand up, point his finger at Blaze and laugh.

That's all.
[snapback]126284[/snapback]​
[/quote]

That's what I was loooking for! Thanx!

No problem [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jan 3 2006, 02:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jan 3 2006, 02:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The box says that Nicko didn't like Blaze very much and during the intro to 'The Clansman', he would frequently stand up, point his finger at Blaze and laugh.

That's all.
[snapback]126284[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Well picturing that lightened up my day [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It is quite interesting however that Nicko is the only one mentioning Blaze in the band members section of the official website saying "although we had some great years with Blaze".

It has been theorized that Nicko had nothing personally against Blaze, but only projected his anger about Bruce leaving Maiden on him (read some interviews on Bruce leaving Maiden and you'll see what I mean).

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jan 4 2006, 01:36 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jan 4 2006, 01:36 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]It is quite interesting however that Nicko is the only one mentioning Blaze in the band members section of the official website saying "although we had some great years with Blaze".

It has been theorized that Nicko had nothing personally against Blaze, but only projected his anger about Bruce leaving Maiden on him (read some interviews on Bruce leaving Maiden and you'll see what I mean).
[snapback]126319[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I read many of these interviews but I don't see what you mean. If you have a specific link to such an interview, which backs up this "theory", I'd be interested. Thanks in advance!

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jan 4 2006, 01:36 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jan 4 2006, 01:36 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]It is quite interesting however that Nicko is the only one mentioning Blaze in the band members section of the official website saying "although we had some great years with Blaze".
[/quote]

Actually I think that trivia bit is made up! Nicko usually stood up during the intro, pointed at the crowd and laughed!
He also did that on the BNW tour.

I have seen Maiden live on the Virtual XI tour and couldn't see any mockery. Neither could I see anything like that on several live videos I watched of that tour.

I think that whoever wrote that piece of trivia for the box made this up by himself, as I've never read it anywhere else and couldn't find proof at all.
I guess the trivia person wasn't much of a Blaze fan [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

edit: I think I actually talked to Mav about it some time ago, he told me who was doing the trivia file, but I forgot who it was - else I'd tell him to take that off(finally).
So... if Mr. Trivia is reading, please do us a favour!

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Jan 5 2006, 02:31 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Jan 5 2006, 02:31 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Actually I think that trivia bit is made up! Nicko usually stood up during the intro, pointed at the crowd and laughed!
[snapback]126370[/snapback]​
[/quote]
He also did it on the GMETID tour in '03.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Jan 5 2006, 08:31 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Jan 5 2006, 08:31 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Actually I think that trivia bit is made up! Nicko usually stood up during the intro, pointed at the crowd and laughed!

I have seen Maiden live on the Virtual XI tour and couldn't see any mockery. Neither could I see anything like that on several live videos I watched of that tour.

I think that whoever wrote that piece of trivia for the box made this up by himself, as I've never read it anywhere else and couldn't find proof at all.
I guess the trivia person wasn't much of a Blaze fan [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

edit: I think I actually talked to Mav about it some time ago, he told me who was doing the trivia file, but I forgot who it was - else I'd tell him to take that off(finally).
So... if Mr. Trivia is reading, please do us a favour!
[/quote]

You are right Maidenfreak.
To be honest, I also think this piece of trivia is bulls**t.

Forostar, what I meant was an interview that can be read here at Maidenfans about Bruce quitting Maiden, and Nicko openly showed how upset he was about it. It's from spring '93 if I'm not mistaken.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Jan 5 2006, 09:31 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Jan 5 2006, 09:31 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]So... if Mr. Trivia is reading, please do us a favour!
[/quote]
That would be me, and I am reading and yes I would tend to agree. I need to redo the trivia as currently there are only two entries. Will fix it one day

If this helps:

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfans Trivia+--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfans Trivia)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Bruce Dickinson often ridiculed Blaze Bayley during the Intercity Express Tour 1990, and at one particular gig, Bruce called him a "Stupid dwarf who couldn't play football to save his life"! Blaze used to join the band during 'Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter'. [/quote]

hehe. 'stupid dwarf'. What do they mean, he joined them on 'bring your daughter...'? As second vocalist or something? Because that would be quite pointless, unless Blaze wanted onstage and didn't know any other Maiden songs [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

To be honest, I haven't found BYDTTS on any bootleg from that tour [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Real World+Jan 6 2006, 06:18 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Jan 6 2006, 06:18 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]That would be me, and I am reading and yes I would tend to agree. I need to redo the trivia as currently there are only two entries. Will fix it one day
[snapback]126456[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeh thanks for fixing the trivia thingy on the front page, real world. Reading those cracks me up. Jamie Cullum played BYDttS swing-style at a wedding??? Random. Which reminds me. I'm thinking of getting Food for Thought. Anyone have it and can recommend it? I like satire music, so I would probably like it-I just want to know other people's opinions. Sorry if this leads this thread completely off topic, I'm too lazy/scared to start my own thread [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jan 7 2006, 06:10 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jan 7 2006, 06:10 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]To be honest, I haven't found BYDTTS on any bootleg from that tour [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]126532[/snapback]​
[/quote]

They played it, and it has been recorded - I have it somewhere. There's even a picture of Bruce and Blaze standing on stage together somewhere...

[!--QuoteBegin-Silky+Jan 11 2006, 05:39 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Jan 11 2006, 05:39 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'm thinking of getting Food for Thought.  Anyone have it and can recommend it?
[snapback]126777[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I have it, it's well worth it. Go check the Maiden Commentary for all info you need on the tribute

Back