• Powerslave

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Somewhere In Time

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
Which one is the better album: Powerslave or Somewhere In Time?

Again 24 hours time to vote, poll results again can't be viewed before having voted, once casted vote cannot be changed, poll will be closed after 24 hours for then the next comparison will start.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<<<Still in the game: A Matter Of Life And Death, The Book Of Souls, Brave New World, The Final Frontier, Piece Of Mind, Iron Maiden>>>>
<<<<Already out: Killers, Dance Of Death, The Number Of The Beast, The X Factor, Senjutsu, No Prayer For The Dying>>>>

Last edited:
I love them both but Somewhere In Time remains my alltime favourite Maiden album.

That last shoot out isn´t necessary. If SSOASS doesn´t win that, I´ll eat my Maiden shirt.

Powerslave for me, as this is the first Maiden album I felt in love with when I was very young. But, I love Somewhere In Time too. Though, Powerslave is a better product in terms of quality, both on the writing and interpretation. And it contains Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. So...

I could also say Somewhere In Powerslave. ;)

Last edited:
Powerslave. It's bright, upbeat and full of energy, it's just a thrill to listen to start to finish. Somewhere in Time is also excellent with equal highs (and the title track will always be a top Maiden song for me), but suffers from the lack of Bruce's input and has more noticeably weaker moments.

Somewhere In Time is a great, top 5 Maiden album, but Powerslave is an excellent, top 2 Maiden album, rivaled only by Seventh Son.

POWERSLAVE is the pinnacle of 80's Maiden. After that experiments began. Good and enjoyable but not better.
If this album will be voted out, I will show up at your front door dressed up as a mummy and with albatross on my shoulder. You don't want to experience such encounter, right? Riiiight?
Edington get it right:
Powerslave. It's bright, upbeat and full of energy, it's just a thrill to listen to start to finish. Somewhere in Time is also excellent with equal highs (and the title track will always be a top Maiden song for me), but suffers from the lack of Bruce's input and has more noticeably weaker moments.
Edit: one more thought... Powerslave, Piece of Mind and The Number of the Beast has the best guitar sound, imo. Guitars dominate, there's plenty of harmonies, etc. Somewhere in Time and even 7Son has thiner guitar sound. Guitars are more in the background, not so in your face.

Last edited:
Powerslave.

It took me a looong time to warm up to Somewhere In Time. It was change in direction I had a hard time accepting.

Powerslave, on the other hand, engulfed me the first time I heard it.

Sucks to see my favorite IM album bumped in round 1 but everyone has their own favorites.

Mine will always be Somewhere in Time however Powerslave is great as well.

Anybody an idea btw how we could deal with the fact of an unstraight number of albums (17) to end the first round of our game? We're almost about to finish round #1 bringing the winning albums to stage #2. In the first round we tomorrow will have three albums left: Virtual XI, FOTD & SSOASS.
Do you want me to make a triple option poll for everybody has two votes? What I also could do ist leaving Virtual XI simply out of the game because it won't be the final winning album anyway. Ideas how to handle this?

Anybody an idea btw how we could deal with the fact of an unstraight number of albums (17) to end the first round of our game? We're almost about to finish round #1 bringing the winning albums to stage #2. In the first round we tomorrow will have three albums left: Virtual XI, FOTD & SSOASS.
Do you want me to make a triple option poll for everybody has two votes? What I also could do ist leaving Virtual XI simply out of the game because it won't be the final winning album anyway. Ideas how to handle this?
Give Virtual XI a bye into the next round and let SSOASS and FOTD duke it out. Then pick a random album from the next round to give a bye to and so on.

Give Virtual XI a bye into the next round and let SSOASS and FOTD duke it out. Then pick a random album from the next round to give a bye to and so on.
Naw. If anything it should be VXI and FotD. Both these albums cannot touch Seventh Son anyway.

the loser that collected the most amount of votes could be given a second chance, or make another poll among the losers to determine which one deserves a second chance.

Back