• Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 28 73.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
Alright: Three albums left in round #2, so let's go for a vote today between Fear Of The Dark and A Matter Of Life And Death until tomorrow we put legendary Piece Of Mind in contest to the strongest surviving album of the present round. State at the moment would lead us to a competion between Piece Of Mind and Powerslave tomorrow - obviously for the happiness of @Diesel 11. :p

The usual rules: 24 hours time to vote, poll results again can't be viewed before having voted, once casted vote cannot be changed, poll will be closed after 24 hours for then the next comparison will start.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
still in: A Matter Of Life And Death, Fear Of The Dark, The Book Of Souls, Brave New World, Seventh Son Of Seventh Son, Piece Of Mind
already knocked out:
Iron Maiden, Powerslave, The Final Frontier

RESULTS FROM ROUND #1:
A Matter Of Life And Death 77% (Killers 23%)
The Book Of Souls 74% (Dance Of Death 26%)
Fear Of The Dark 69% (Virtual XI 31%)
Brave New World 61% (The Number Of The Beast 39%)
The Final Frontier 55% (The X Factor 45%)
Piece Of Mind 53% (Senjutsu 47%)
Iron Maiden 57% (No Prayer For The Dying 43%)
Powerslave 58% (Somewhere In Time 42%)
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son 76% (Senjutsu 24%)

I like Fear of the Dark. Really great songs in there but a reunion album always wins for me. So, AMOLAD.

I like Fear of the Dark. Really great songs in there but a reunion album always wins for me. So, AMOLAD.
I like FOTD too and so I went with it this time. AMOLAD is not bad at all, but it suffers from the repeatative patterns so much. As to FOTD: Seems I'm the only one who doesn't have a problem with Fear Is The Key. I like the Led Zeppelin vibe of the song.

AMOLAD by far. FOTD is the worst Maiden album with Bruce on it, including the worst ever Bruce-era album track “Weekend Warrior”, while AMOLAD is a glorious top 3 Maiden album for me.

For me AMOLAD trounces every Maiden album that isn't Brave New World or Seventh Son. It has a little bit of an uneven start (though nothing is anywhere close to being bad), but from Out of the Shadows onwards is absolutely stellar.

Back