Maiden should do a "Skeletons in the closet" tour..

Maidenhell

Prowler
..to please their hardcore fans  ::)  Gamma Ray did this a while ago and I thought it was a brilliant idea. On this tour they played only songs that was rarely played or never played at all before. And Iron Maiden has A LOT of forgotten classics that needs to be played live  :bigsmile:  A setlist could look like this:

Caught somewhere in time
Purgatory
Out of the silent planet
The prisoner
Flight of Icarus
Children of the damned
Deja vu
Infinite Dreams
Back in the village
Childhoods end
Still life
Stranger in a strange land
Only the good die young

Encore:
No prayer for the dying
Alexander the great!

Nice idea, but as someone on this forum already said, Maiden should do a lot of things.

I absolutely agree, but with the exception of Children of the Damned, I doubt any of those songs will be played on this or any tour. Really, if they call a tour Somewhere Back in Time, you think they'd play Caught Somewhere in Time.

If I had to make a set list, it'd be:

Back in the Village
Losfer Words
Innocent Exile
Gangland
Total Eclipse
Sun and Steel
Quest for Fire
The Prophecy
2 a.m.
The Angel and the Gambler
Weekend Warrior
Public Enema Number One
New Frontier

and then I'd have Blaze come on to sing encores:

Run to the Hills
Aces High

Reumeren said:
It would be hilarious if they played ''The Angel and the Gambler'' live  :D just for fun

Yeah, how about a "Songs you love to hate" Tour  :lol:
Gotta throw The Apparition in there!

What is it with you people and "Angel & The Gambler"? It's a good song.

Albie said:

I agree and actually like the song.  I wish it was a bit shorter and had no keyboards, but I do enjoy it.  The video for it is awesome as well.

I'm OK with the length of the song, I'm even OK with the keyboards. I think the song has, as SMX put it, a great groove.

Albie said:

I'm pretty sure we've been through this many times haha, and I think many have always said "that darned 13-time chorus!". Thats also one of the few things that ruin a couple of songs from Virtual XI, sometimes they are just way too repetitive or longer than they need to be.
Just too long really, I think its ok generally ignoring the length but its not really fantastic lyrically or musically for me. They should have just stuck with the radio cut version (for once its better imo).
How Steve went through mixing that album listening to that chorus sooo many times and not notice how rubbish it sounds boggles me. Maybe listening to it so many times made 13 seem like a fine number?  :p Its not even a good chorus!

Albie said:

Still, the vast majority considers it a pretty shitty song :p

Hehe and notice how no one actually said it was a bad song, you just assumed we disliked it :p that's the kind of reputation that song have.

Albie said:
I'm OK with the length of the song, I'm even OK with the keyboards. I think the song has, as SMX put it, a great groove.

Only one great groove in such a lenghty song, that isn't much is it? Sorry, couldn't resist.  :D

I remember from the VXI tour that this song was pretty cool live.

By the way,
:eek:fftopic:

that was really a nice setlist, back in 1998. I don't think I have ever seen so many great songs in a row in any other tour:

9.Sign Of The Cross   :ok: Yeah!
10.Afraid To Shoot Strangers    :uhm:  W O W

11.Hallowed Be Thy Name   :blink: Holy Shit!

12.The Evil That Men Do  

:notworthy:

The Angel And The Gambler is a very cool, refreshing song and I listen to it with much more pleasure than half of AMOLAD.

It is actually a good 4 minute-something song.

Roll of the dice take a spin on the whell... i like it.

It's 4 minutes (?) longer than it should be.

Back