Maiden Reference In New Sonata Arctica Dvd!

in the new Sonata Arctica live CD/DVD entitled "For the Sake of Revenge" the singer alters the first couple lines of the song "Black Sheep"

Whereas the original first 2 lines are:
"In love with the maiden, The flower of winter
Lowbrow children, in grove of the inland"

the lines on this live version go:
"We're not Iron Maiden, we're not from England
We are SONATA and we come from Finland!"

::

i love this band. they are so funny both on and off stage and any fan of Sonata who hasnt bought this CD/DVD set yet, drop what you are doing and get it now. they put on a flawless and fun live show, and you get the dvd basically for free! (i got mine for $14..what youd normally pay for just a CD).
and also i think they were just saying this to be funny, which i definitely think it is, im sure they dont have anything against maiden, who are one of their big influences without a doubt.

for those of you who havent heard this band yet, go check em out. as much as i dont like sub-genre labeling i guess their sound would be considered "power metal" or somewhere close to that. even if you are not a huge fan of this genre these guys are different, and you should go check them out anyways.

This is indeed a very good band that I like a lot and the Maiden influence is rather obvious. Specially in "Fullmoon" with the "galloping" bass. Awesome track by the way, my favorite closely followed by "Letter to Dana". That reminds me there are several cd's I have to special order and even more I have to burn from the Studio lol, God I love being a dj.

Re: Maiden Reference In New Sonata Arctica Dvd!

Speaking about Maiden and Sonata... I've heard a Die With Your Boots On cover by them that is actually pretty good! Maybe even better than the original because it lacks that kinda cheesy "if you're gonna die" backing vocals...

atrocious band.

nah, i won't waste my time discussing terrible, unoriginal, bland power metal (a pleonasm, btw) like sonata arctica

prowlergrig said:
nah, i won't waste my time discussing terrible, unoriginal, bland power metal (a pleonasm, btw) like sonata arctica

No, instead you'll troll in a thread that, according to your post, has nothing that should interest you in it.  Kick.

I used to like Sonata, but I must confess that their last album (reckoning night) really disappointed me. anyway I've seen the DVD, it's a good and entertaining performance but it's not flawless. Check out the beginning of Replica  :innocent:

Reckoning Night was.... different, but I thought it better than Winterhearts Guild or whatever. I wish they could rework their magic from their first two albums... wishful thinking I guess.

Back