Maiden Recieves Air Time On Cbc

IronDuke

Ancient Mariner
I flicked on my radio this morning to CBC, Canad'as national broadcaster. It's typically an all-talk/news, and plays very little music besides the typical "artsy fartsy" crap.

SO what did I hear today? The Number of the Beast! (they played it because so many people urged them to play something other than jazz)

Wooo! Up the Irons!

Maybe the depressed mood the country is in after the ice hockey defeat made the DJs dramatically change their stance on heavy metal? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

Right on. I was they guy who sent in the email to Sunday Morning.

Here is the letter I sent. They edited a little but not to much.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Sorry, but your hosts weren't convincing me. I guess Jazz is popular
enough to hold entire festivals every summer in our major cities and to

hear it played throughout supermarkests and elevators everywhere.

But I'll tell ya Micheal, that you haven't lived until you've sang
along to your favourite Heavy Metal classics with 18,000 fans at an
Iron Maiden concert in Quebec city or banged your head with Judas Priest.
It's loud, its menacing and smelly. Its also way more exciting than
pretending to be in with the in crowd at a Jazz festival. Sitting ,
drinking your little drinks and smoking your little smokes. No thanks.

I'll take jaw breaking hard drivin' Blues Rock'Roll any day.

Up The Irons !!!

Kemptville, Ontario
[/quote]

I listen to CBC religiously. It helps that I have a job (grinding orthodontic appliances) that allows me to listen to the radio or music all day long on my walkman I can listen to the entire Iron Maiden collection, or Judas Priest some days. I also listen to CBC on weekends and evenings. Commercial radio is crap. I'd rather hear a more thoughtful analysis on current affairs as opposed to the land of the brain dead on commercial radio.
CBC is very Jazz heavy along with some other forms of tripe, but ya gotta take the good with the bad. They have a show called Canada's Play List which consists of techno urban crapolla.

I heard Ace of Spades on As it Happens. Lemmy addressed a committee in the British government regarding drug laws. They, the government, didn't like what he had to say. They also interviewed a guy from Annihilator.

Loud menacing and smelly is a quote taken from Rob Halford on the British Steel DVD. Smoke your little smokes and drink your little drinks comes from the Zappa song "Dancin' Fool"

Yeah I'm old, and have been around the track a few times.

Thanks for writing to that SOB Mike Enright. ::

I am also a religious CBC listener, but I REALLY can't stand their urban snobbery sometimes. I'd like to see them devote even an hour per week to some other kinds of music. But nooooo....that would piss off the Yuppies in Toronto/Vancouver.

I do agree that commercial radio in Canada tends to be crap. I'll only listen when they replay NPR programs from the States, or when they have call in shows (those always are good for a laugh!)

Up the Irons dude!

I'm hearing Black Sabbath on As It Happens. The student body in Hull Quebec got Vinnie Appacie to come and give them a drumming lesson. Wicked.
he is an uncle of one of the teachers.
Cool.

He used the schools drum kit. They cobbled together two kits to make one and gave a lesson and did a Q and A.

I would have freaked if he had come to my school, which would have been about 500 years ago during the Dio line up of Sabbath.

Good report. The host asked good questions too the played Sweat Leaf in full. Good on the CBC.

Back