Maiden on US radio airwaves?

Yesterday while flipping through the usual bs on the radio in my area, (Seattle) USA, I happened to come across the opening bars to "Aces High" on one of the local major radio stations here in my area. Not at 3:00 in the morning, but at 1:00 in the afternoon! This is extremely rare around here. The last time I heard Maiden on the radio was in 2000 when BNW debuted. Wicker Man got the spin 1 time. Truely, an event to mark on your calender that will go down in history. Maybe in another 4 years or so Ill get to here another Maiden track. Ill keep you posted [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Praise the Lord*!!! He Hath giveth us, his loyal servants, a miracle!

*By "Lord" it is meant Eddie [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I've never heard any Iron Maiden on the radio before, probably due to the fact that it is the radio, and because I don't listen to it. At all. I do know there are stations which play Maiden along with other similar bands, though...you just have to look for them. Check out some classic rock stations - they tend to have a period on them devoted to metal. It's just a matter of finding one, really.

Of course, I'd much rather just listen to an actual CD. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, for those who are lucky enough to have High-Speed internet ProgRadio is an INCREADIBLE radio station devoted to all sub-genres of Metal but mainly Proggresive/symphonic. Helloween and Maiden get played regularly and it just f* rocks. But like Searanox, I don't listen to radio anymore... I have 5.7 days of music on my pc... that's MY radio [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Oct 19 2004, 10:33 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Oct 19 2004, 10:33 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Well, for those who are lucky enough to have High-Speed internet ProgRadio is an INCREADIBLE radio station devoted to all sub-genres of Metal but mainly Proggresive/symphonic. Helloween and Maiden get played regularly and it just f* rocks. But like Searanox, I don't listen to radio anymore... I have 5.7 days of music on my pc... that's MY radio [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]89457[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I love you!!!!
I couldn't get the ProgRadio to work, but theres lots of great metal radios out there! I would have never installed real player myself.

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

you're welcome [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I play it through iTunes which is now available for PC's thanks to that fucking sell out Steve Jobs

Woo hoo! I just heard Run to the Hills on the radio! It's been at least 6 months since I heard this song (or any other Maiden song for that matter) on the radio.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Oct 21 2004, 03:39 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Oct 21 2004, 03:39 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]you're welcome [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I play it through iTunes which is now available for PC's thanks to that fucking sell out Steve Jobs
[snapback]89756[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Man, you Scandinavians are lucky! (norway, sweden, finland) When I was watching the Hockey World Cup one of the ESPN correspondants told the anchor after visiting the Finnish locker room: "Mikka Kipursoff was in charge of the locker room music today, and man, my ears are still ringing from the heavy metal." lol [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Here in Toronto, you'll probably hear Run to The hills every now and then, but that's about all they'll play. I wonder why they're not popular around here, and none of the kiddies know of them. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Hhhhmmm....

[!--QuoteBegin-ohgar_boy+Oct 27 2004, 03:39 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ohgar_boy @ Oct 27 2004, 03:39 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Here in Toronto, you'll probably hear Run to The hills every now and then, but that's about all they'll play. I wonder why they're not popular around here, and none of the kiddies know of them. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Hhhhmmm....
[snapback]90335[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Toronto, like any urban centre (yes, Canada has them), is naturally going to be full of pop-culture-obsessed people. At my school of about 1100 people, only about five or six I've found to even know about Iron Maiden...one of them being my computer science teacher. Pretty damn sad when you think about it.

Everyone where I live knows about Maiden...because I tell everyone here about them and other bands! Metal is the only music that comes out of my car and stereo speakers when others are around. People must be aware of the metal scene. In the words of Zakk Wylde: "Just because it's not plastered all over MTV and radio doesn't mean it's not happening." [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back