Maiden Meets Led Zep?

A

Anonymous

You guys,

my band 'Tequila Rockin'Bird' are just about to release our debut album 'Screams From The Wild' ......

we're a classic rock style band influenced by bands such as Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses and Iron Maiden Etc.... you'll see when you hear the vocals, lol!

we got some new tracks on our myspace player, please check them out and tell me what you think:

http://www.myspace.com/tequilarock

you can also view album pre order details by clicking below:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =322124772

Nice stuff.  I was a bit sceptical before hearing (not too big on advertising bands on forums*), but I really like the music. :)  Nice vocalist especially.  What instrument do you play by the way?

* What I mean by this is that I've heard a lot of crap music advertised on forums (though not on this forum, I think), so I really wasn't sure whether to even click on the link.  But good thing I didn't dismiss it straight away.

Edit: By the way, how will your new album be released?  Will it be available only on the internet, and if not, will it be UK-exclusive?

Checking it out now...

"Devil's In The Details" - fucking great! I love fast triple-meter grooves like that.
"Welcome To Hell" - not too bad. Didn't hit me as hard as "Details".
"Don't Make Me Angry" - that's some sweet riffing there.
"Screams From The Wild" - jackpot! Best one yet.

A comment about your singer:
That raspy screaming sounds good in small doses, but his voice started getting on my nerves after a while. I thought he sounded best on the first verse of "Screams" where (ironically) he wasn't screaming as much, but actually singing more.

Still, that's some great metal overall. Tight performances and great production.

The "download" links on your myspace page don't work for me - does one need to be a myspace member to download these? I want "Details" and "Screams" on my iPod. :bigsmile:

wow, thanks for the cool (and honest criticism) ..... i appreciate it!!

to answer a couple of questions....

we haven't got a label, so we're having to release this ourselves.....  we're having to sell it through the internet and at our own gigs.... basically what we've been told to do, is to get as many people interested as possible in buying the cd... then getting back to the important guys when we have done so.... so, what we're going to do, is offer the cd out to as many people as possible who show interest before hand..... and this way we find out exactly how many cds we need to get made and also can offer the cd for a cheap price...... the cd's will be authentic and professionally produced...

so if you want one, for £4.99 ...... send your Name, location and email to .... blurry316@hotmail.com , or leave a reply to our myspace blog

i'll be sending out a link to a secure checkout in the next couple of weeks or so, then the cds will be sent out shortly after

hope this clears a few things up...... it sucks not having any recognition whatsoever, but hopefully by selling a few hundred or so of these cds we can get some real interest in our band, and then TOUR!!!
oh.... and i'm the bass player by the way!!!

i'd love to give away the songs free on myspace, but unfortunately you'll need to buy the cd, its only £4.99 and you'll get 10 awesome songs, each as good as the 4 already up on the myspace.... promise!!!

DUDE!!! The vocalist is dead on on his Axl Rose hahahaha, and your influences are all very identifiable. GOOD STUFF, I'm definitely buying your cd :D

And if you guys keep playing like this recognition will come soon enough.

as you guys rock so much (and Iron Maiden is easily the best band on the planet!!) ..... if any of you sign up for the pre order, i'll make sure you don't have to pay any P&P .....

email blurry316@hotmail.com with the following details:

Name:

also put 'Iron Maiden Forum' on the email subject

or message our myspace, or call me, or pigeon mail or whatever, lol.... i just need to make sure i've got enough people signing up to warrant getting my band mates to OK a real cd pressing..... we've only had 6 people sign up so far (they are laughing at me cos i said the internet will make us famous.... ooops)

www.myspace.com/tequilarock

Just have a look on this website : Sellaband, if you want to find "sponors" or if you'd like... to sponsor. ;)

To sum up, it works on the principle of share(/stock)holding, people who like your stuff sponsors you and... go on the website, I just can't explain it shortly !

See if you can get Bruce to get you a spot on the BBC radio show.  Hey, they were noticed by the famous Soundhouse tapes.  Stay true and focused, it beats the Hell out of a 9-5 job.....just remember to say hello down the road when you guys are famous :ok:

how would i get bruce to give us a shout on his bbc radio show?

Back