Maiden in New Jersey

WayneS

Prowler
Different websites say different things. Can someone here tell me if the show on March 14 is sold out?
From ironmaiden.com

This gig is SOLD OUT (although we do suggest checking with the box office on the day or day before the show as tickets may be released from production holds).

DAMN DAMN DAMN

The last info i have is that New Jersey Izod Centre is sold out, but the Los Angeles Arena show isn't sold out yet, which raises an eyebrow, venue has less than 20.000 people capacity, and with only few shows in U.S., one would expect the L.A. show to sell out really quickly.

Other interesting info from my source, sold out venues; Melbourne, Sydney, Yokohama, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Curtiba, Porto Alegre, New Jersey, Toronto, Paris, London, Stockholm, Helsinki and Gothenburg.

Calculating the maximum show attendance numbers per place, we get this fact : almost four hundred thousand people have been accounted to attend only those sold out shows!

Interesting thing about Mexico City, show was scheduled at Foro Sol, and was quickly sold out, 55.000 people. Organization decided to move the show to a larger venue. And yes, the Simon Bolivar Park in Bogota, as i heard, will also join the "sold out" club before the concert date. That's 140.000 people capacity, biggest schedule for Maiden at this tour. It would be really really nice if they filmed the whole thing in Bolivia. The large shows will also be at Graspop and Wacken, around 100.000, and 80.000. Also, don't forget the moved Mexican show, it'll probably hit the 75.000 mark too.

The stadium in my city, in the confirmed stage configuration, which sadly covers one big side with 15.000 people capacity (place isn't symetric, southern side houses only few thousand seats, plus a very large screen and some plants, trees, hall of fame, etc, but sadly, it's too small for the stage set and the PA system), has an approx capacity of 40.000 people for the show. At new year's eve, 10 days after the tickets went on sale, 10.000 have been sold. A lot of smaller shops around the city have started selling the tickets recently, and after the staring frenzy for the headbanger's pit positions, sales are going steady, but good. A lot of "regular people", not hardcore Maiden or metal fans, are buying tickets every day, because this is going to be the biggest show by any foreign or domestic band in Croatia. Also, the show is at 10th of August, and my city is the biggest one on whole Adriatic coast, so there will be a lot of tourists around, like every year. People from our fan club are betting their money that the place is going to be sold out prior to the show. Good luck!

And yeah, confirmed shows till this date, counting all the venues, will house 1.420.000 people. So me thinks that Maiden will surpass the one and a half million expectance mark that was predicted before the whole thing started  :)

Zare said:
Interesting thing about Mexico City, show was scheduled at Foro Sol, and was quickly sold out, 55.000 people. Organization decided to move the show to a larger venue.

Mexico City chow is moved from sport palace (20 000) to Foro sol stadium (about 55000). :)

Most attendence number are really impressive for this tour.  B)

Graspop a capacity of 100.000!? It the festival never was sold out, then this might be the first time, especially if there won't be a Dutch gig (still no news) and because there's only one German gig.

Sooooo, general question to all: Does anyone have info on the band filling the March - June gap with more US dates? I see tickets for the Jersey show starting at $150, not going to pay that. Hopefully we will see more dates released soon to fill the 3000 miles left empty by the 2 US shows announced so far..............

I am really hoping for this myself!!!  I've been waiting almost 15 years to hear "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" live!!! 

Deano said:
Sooooo, general question to all: Does anyone have info on the band filling the March - June gap with more US dates? I see tickets for the Jersey show starting at $150, not going to pay that. Hopefully we will see more dates released soon to fill the 3000 miles left empty by the 2 US shows announced so far..............

Maybe they won't do any shows during that time? They did announce several years ago that they'll cut down on the touring... Although that would be a pretty dumb thing to do, pacing-wise...

I would definitely find that hard to believe. I understand cutting down on the touring but only doing 2 US dates is out of the question. I totally understand the discontent with the American concert system right now; believe me, nobody is more pissed about it than the American fans. We are however, a MAJOR market for Iron Maiden no matter how you cut it and I can't see them holding it to only 2 shows for us, particularly one on each coast.

Have any other major rock acts announced their summer shows yet?  Rush and The Cure are the only major bands I know of that have actually announced a firm date in Southern California during the May/June time frame, and Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen have announced U.S. tours in April.  Any others?  It may be that it is too early to start booking firm dates for the major U.S. indoor venues.  For example, the major North American basketball and hockey leagues conduct their playoffs during May and June, which could conceivable tie up many of the major indoor arenas in the largest U.S. cities.  (Note, however, that the April tours mentioned above also overlap with the early rounds of those playoffs.)  There currently is no way of knowing which teams will be playing in which venues, let alone when.  Which means that, if you want to book a large venue during that time, you either need to depend on outdoor amphitheaters, book less desirable venues, or wait on the prime arenas to work out with league officials when they can book dates.  This is largely speculation on my part, but my point is, unless and until more than a handful of big acts start announcing U.S. concert dates in May and June, it is way too early to start worrying that Iron Maiden will abandon or cut short the U.S. leg of the tour. 

Bear in mind that, like the New York date, the L.A. date also appears to be sold out -- on a lark, I logged on to Ticketmaster and was unable to find even a single ticket available at any price.  If the two most significant U.S. dates have already sold out at least a month before the shows, I think that would be encouraging to the band rather than discouraging. 

Great insight cornfedhick, Now that I consider it, this may well indeed being playing a part in scheduling issues. I have no doubt that more dates will be added eventually but have to admit I am getting anxious to get some tickets purchased. On the subject of the outdoor arenas however; would it not be great if they were playing some of them, TOTAL GENERAL ADMISSION!!

When I was going to concerts as a teenager and early 20's ALL shows were general admission, if you paid more it was for back stage passes. In that environment, the true die-hard fans could fight their way to the front and the people who didn't really give a crap could filter to the back. Those were the days, and if Maiden could do this I would probably cry in ecstasy.

It sounds like that's how concerts in the rest of the world are still pretty much run. I know Maiden were upset with the Ozzfest showing because only the richest and most privileged were getting tickets close to the stage. Needless to say, these guys are for the most part, not the most enthusiastic of fans. All the crazies like us had to watch from the lawn. We'll have to see, in a fight for the front, I know I'd be there.

Yeah, I can tell you from my experience, I've been to 6 Maiden shows in various European countries (and several other bands), you pay the ticket for the lawn and get in, that's it. The only restriction is if you payed for the bleechers, you can't go down on the lawn.

Back