Maiden Bootleg Remaster

maidenpriest

Trooper
Hello All, I have just remastered/reconstructed a Maiden concert bootleg and have improved it, and made it much more listenable does anyone know how or where its best to share it with you guys :) ?

If only there was a Forum Rules post that would explain our stance on these things...

The Forum Rules said:
The Forum Rules said:
The Maidenfans.com forum provides a sub-forum for Trading. This forum is guided by strict rules in order to ensure members respect international copyright law. This forum is for trading bootlegs only. The sale of bootlegs is not allowed. The sale of in-production merchandise is not allowed on this forum. However, the sale of out-of-production merchandise is allowed.

Only private individuals are allowed to trade bootlegs or sell merchandise. Companies specializing in these items are not allowed to use the Maidenfans.com forum for their purposes.

Any violation of these rules will be dealt with via the moderation process.

As for a file sharing website, I will post this:
http://www.techradar.com/news/inter...e-best-services-for-sharing-big-files-1181486

Hello All, I have just remastered/reconstructed a Maiden concert bootleg and have improved it, and made it much more listenable does anyone know how or where its best to share it with you guys :) ?

What's the show in question?
The ultimate place on the 'net is Maiden DC++ bootlegs hub. If you don't want to register/use the Direct Connect hub, you can upload it somewhere (see LC's post), I'll download it and share it with community :)

Maiden DC++ hub is still active? Wow. I remember using that ages ago to grab some of my first video bootlegs. That was over 10 years ago probably.

Of course it is. Terabytes are being shared at any given moment.

The gig is the 1979 Music Machine Camden London concert, which as far as I know is the earliest Maiden concert circulating, here is a sample of the results a significant improvement, I can't really explain how I did it, mostly its just manipulating the EQ I just know by ear what to change etc, its too complex to go into detail I use pro-tools and just do it, been doing this sort of thing for years before digital workstations etc but I have never shared my results

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjr7ij55uuitlcm/Maiden Live 1979 Comparison Original versus PDS.mp3?dl=0

Last edited:
I signed up for that last year but fuck me old boots if I could figure out how to use it. So dime or zomb it is for me.

It's actually super simple once you've set it up. Once it's up and running you'll be fine just knowing how to browse other user's library and how to download and seed. But yeah DC++ and soulseek was the thing back then. Overhauled by torrents many years ago. I remember how frustrating it was trying to connect to bigger hubs who wouldn't let you in because you had to have X amount of GBs and some user on there had just the file you've been looking for the last 6 months :p

^Yeah, I remember that. I spent years and years searching for Bremen 90 and found it, finally, on soulseek. I was never close to getting it for those reasons you describe I must confess. Major bummer.

Yes, really frustrating. You had to private message users and beg for them to open slots for you. Pleading your case why this file was so important for you :D Not to mention, then finding a user with the file and free slots, only for him to log off in the middle of downloading and seemingly disappear forever :D

But the thrill of hunting and chasing rare stuff was great, man. At least, that is what I tell myself these days when I feel old.

Yes that's true. Always, "I wonder if I'll be able to find it today". Once you did get something precious down it was more valued.

And, browsing the personal music/movie libraries of people was pretty cool in itself. :)

But the thrill of hunting and chasing rare stuff was great, man. At least, that is what I tell myself these days when I feel old.

It was even better doing it in the real physical world long before the internet, record fairs etc although could prove to be expensive, any opinions on my remaster ?? :)

It's an enhancement all right. But the source is so shitty that no post-processing can make this bootleg listenable (in terms of audio quality)

Back