You could probably even forget about the Elf albums, @mckindog, seeing as there is plenty of material just from Rainbow, Sabbath, and Dio alone. None of those songs would make it very far anyway, I suspect, due to unfamiliarity or lack of "metal".

I've been honoring Dio for the last few days and this week with plenty of Dio's music. I even climbed a mountain the other day and played Man on the Silver Mountain when approaching it. I wish he was still with us. Every time I tell my students to give another student a round of applause, its a small way I honor Dio because he says something similar during the live version of Heaven and Hell on Live Evil. I do that in all my classes when we have role play and other similar spoken word assignments in my class. Its one of my ways of making my students more brave and less shy but I got it from Ronnie. Too many great albums and songs to name for a single post! I would love to hear Iron Maiden cover a Rainbow song like Starstruck, Tarot Woman, Sixteenth Century Greensleeves, Self Portrait or Kill The King or a Black Sabbath song like Die Young, Lady Evil, Loney Is The Word, Turn Up The Night or Country Girl in honor of Ronnie

Last edited:
Yey, let's perform with a hologram that looks like some crappy CGI robot puppet. I'd rather see just Ripper (and/or other real people) doing this.
(includes Stargazer)

:facepalm:

I've always liked Killswitch's cover of this song, but man is it sad that they can perform the vocals better than the "classic metal singer" Joey Belladonna (especially since this isn't even Howard, the superior KSE singer). Joey doesn't even get the lyrics correct.

Back