Lord Of The Flies

A

Anonymous

Same as Blaze?

Damn I haven´t heard any of the DOD-tour songs yet

You can download the Lord of the Flies with Bruce mp3 at [a href=\'http://www.alcomunicacion.com/andoni/mp3badalona.htm\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.alcomunicacion.com/andoni/mp3badalona.htm[/a]

I wrote about it earlier. You can find it on this forum.

I think Blaze version is better.

[!--QuoteBegin-Scream for me Stockholm+Nov 18 2003, 03:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Scream for me Stockholm @ Nov 18 2003, 03:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] He sang it wel but it's written for Blaze and you can hear that. [/quote]
yeh I think Bruce sings that one nice but Blaze's voice is for that song

[!--QuoteBegin-Shaman+Nov 18 2003, 09:28 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Shaman @ Nov 18 2003, 09:28 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] You can download the Lord of the Flies with Bruce mp3 at [a href=\'http://www.alcomunicacion.com/andoni/mp3badalona.htm\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.alcomunicacion.com/andoni/mp3badalona.htm[/a] [/quote]
I know, but I´m in the army now... So I can´t download anything on these servers... Have to wait until christmas

National service, hey? I've been there too and you have all my sympathy [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think all Blaze songs sounds better with Blaze. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Possibly, but it's for sure written for Blaze, and his voice is more suitable for the dark elements of the song, while Bruce's voice is better for dramatic songs...

[!--QuoteBegin-Scream for me Stockholm+Nov 19 2003, 06:47 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Scream for me Stockholm @ Nov 19 2003, 06:47 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I think Sign of the Cross sounds very good with Bruce! [/quote]
IMHO song Bruce it very bad. Lord of the flies on the other side [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yeah, too true and the clansman is good with bruce as well. Ive luved the song ever since ive heard bruces version. Should be his song [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I love "LOTF" and I dislike completely the way Bruce sings it. He tries to make it sound as Blaze´s tone and to me that´s an error.The highlight in Bruce's version arrives with the chorus when he really sings much higher (I got the same impression when seeing Maiden live thain in this Badalona mp3). On the other hand I agree that "The Clansman" is much better when sung by Bruce... To me the only good version of this song is the one in the album: I really never liked Blaze's live perfomances... But well, it´s only my opinion. I was dying to hear LOTF sung by Bruce but after having heard it this tour I´d rather prefer having heard another song instead.

IMO, Bruce sang it just fine.
He sings the chorus one octave higher than Blaze.
It suits the song just fine, actually.
But I might as well mention:
I was never fond of Blaze to begin with. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

This thread should should have a **SPOILER** sign [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I didn't know they play LOTF, this friday I go on my first gig.

Sorry mate, apologies... but it´s surprising you hadn´t discovered before when new setlist, bootlegs, and even this song downloads are everywhere. Strange you didn´t notice a previous post with the title of "Download Lord Of The Flies live in Barcelona? I didn´t start this topic, but for sure any of us wanted to mess with this: enjoy your gig, mate.

Yeah enjoy your gig!

I agree it sounds bad when Bruce tries to sound as Blaze. They have different voices, and they are good at singing different things.

i agree...a number of Blaze's songs sound best when sung by him....but I did like Sign of the Cross with Bruce a LOT better....

Haven't heard Clansman by Bruce..anybody got a link to it? Appeciate it! [!--emo&:chug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/beerchug.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'beerchug.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back