Looks like I have to go to jail

Then what is this about? in the article:

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Over the next decade, ARPAnet spawned other networks, and in 1983 with more than 300 computers connected, its protocols were changed to TCP/IP. In that same year, the unclassified military Milnet network was split off from ARPAnet.
[/quote] Itallics added

The military has always had a HUGE hand in the development of civilian technologies: GPS, microwave ovens and the internet to name a few. There is no such thing as "new" technology that hits the civilian market because the government has been using it for at least 10 years.

Yeah but if you want to picky the internet was just really the coming together of the millitary network idea(ARPAnet) and the scientific network idea(NFSNet). And bring them together using the TCP/IP thing, created by vincent cerf, to make one giant network The goverment just has enough money to fund it.

Milnet was just the name for the military version, ARPAnet was the scientific version. Milnet was the only one to be used for military purposes.

To the italic question, to quote
"ARPA and Taylor continued to be interested in creating a computer communication network, in part to allow ARPA-sponsored researchers in various locations to use various computers which ARPA was providing, and in part to quickly make new software and other results widely available. " Hence it was ment to be a comunication tool used for reasearch, not just for the millitary.

Incidently the microwave oven was acidently discoverd by percy spencer.

[!--quoteo(post=126691:date=Jan 9 2006, 05:09 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jan 9 2006, 05:09 PM) [snapback]126691[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

The land of the free and the home of the brave...

Seriously, I'm sure I can be a pain in some of your arses, and maybe two or three people on this board know my real name. Does this mean anyone of you can sue me and I have to go to jail by American law? What the fuck is happening here?
[/quote]

Dictator Bush is happening here. 'Nuff said.
I NEED TO GET OUT!!! ::

[!--quoteo(post=130886:date=Mar 5 2006, 11:05 PM:name=wrathchild712)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(wrathchild712 @ Mar 5 2006, 11:05 PM) [snapback]130886[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Dictator Bush is happening here. 'Nuff said.
I NEED TO GET OUT!!! ::
[/quote]
He was democratically elected to power :: (At least that's the official line)

Back