Looking for Long Beach Arena 1985 Bootlegs

Luisma

Years Wasted
Hello to you all, I have spent a LOT of time working on a book about Iron Maiden which takes a lot of effort and investigation on my part. Recently, I have found out about the existence of 3 Bootlegs of 3 of the 4 nights that Maiden played on the World Slavery Tour and that at least 2 ended up on LAD.

The 3 bootlegs are from March 14, 16 and 17, 1985. Now I've been looking everywhere for this bootleg (especially the one from the 17) but to no avail so I'm wondering if anyone here has it and can share it with me I would be very grateful and of course mention the people who helps me with this in the book.

Leave me a comment if you can help please

Thanks in advance

I don't think I've ever seen a bootleg for the 17th. I can share the 14th and 16th with you if you still need them.

I don't think I've ever seen a bootleg for the 17th. I can share the 14th and 16th with you if you still need them.

Oh! That'll be great!!! THANKS!

I have you started a conversation with you :)

Last edited:
Thank to @jeffgt14 now I have the wonderful bootlegs from the 14th and 16th now both of us are in the lookout for the real bootleg from the 17th so if anyone can help we'll appreciate it.

You will know you have the real bootlegs if Bruce introduces The Trooper like this: "Oh Long Beach Arena ... This the fourth night of Iron Maiden's little residency down here in Southern California ... And this is also the night, when we're actually recording this concert for a live transmission around the world ... and you nice people out there, are going to be on the definitive Iron Maiden double live album thats going to be out sometime ... Here is a song off the Piece Of Mind album ... the song is called, The Trooper! ... Now let me see your hands in the air!"

Yap, is also why I was/am terribly disappointed with the Maiden England release. They should have kept in all that fun banter Bruce has with the audience at that Birmingham show.

And OH, Why did they cut Bruce's speech before Rime on Live After Death too. Love that speech :)

Last edited:
Once again totally agree with you. The rants Bruce gives on the concert were hilarious!

I think they cut it because it was a bit too long but hey! At least they left it in the video version.

Yeah true but it just leaves me with the hassle to figure out how to get that DVD audio on a CD instead, when Maiden could have done that for me by releasing the whole thing. Make it a double CD if they have too. It doesn't really feel like "being there" when everything is cut with 10 seconds of applause between each song.

But yeah, love the video versions.

Hope you guys find the bootleg!

And OH, Why did they cut Bruce's speech before Rime on Live After Death too. Love that speech :)

I may be wrong, but from memory the LAD video and LAD album were recorded on 2 different nights from each other. I am sure I have an old cassette interview with Harris from the BBC Friday rockshow saying this. So we will never know exactly what speeches were cut from the album, even though the video has the speeches.

No I guess that's true...

But well, I grew up with listening to Bruce talking french to the audience before Wasting Love on a Real Live One and loving it even though I didn't understand one word of french. I'd often fast forward through songs just to get to the pieces where the band would communicate with the audience.

Bruce is just fantastic as a front man at that and that's what makes Maiden live special to me.

Yeah true but it just leaves me with the hassle to figure out how to get that DVD audio on a CD instead, when Maiden could have done that for me by releasing the whole thing. Make it a double CD if they have too. It doesn't really feel like "being there" when everything is cut with 10 seconds of applause between each song.

But yeah, love the video versions.

Hope you guys find the bootleg!

Thanks man. if we find it and you want to, we can share it with you so you'll have the concert + Bruce's wonderful rants

I may be wrong, but from memory the LAD video and LAD album were recorded on 2 different nights from each other. I am sure I have an old cassette interview with Harris from the BBC Friday rockshow saying this. So we will never know exactly what speeches were cut from the album, even though the video has the speeches.

You are correct. Most of the video comes March 16, 1985 (although we do know that 2 Minutes To Midnight, The Trooper & Running Free come from the gig that took place on March 15) & the album comes from March 17, 1985. We do get to know what speeches were cut thanks to the bootlegs out there. Is just a matter of comparing the official versions to the bootleg versions (that's why i'm so interested in obtaining the bootleg from the 17th so I can determine how many tracks were taken from that gig)

Last edited:
Luisma, here are some great sources for bootlegs in case you don't know about them: http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/great-sources-for-tons-of-bootlegs.19534/

Thank you very much for that! There are some I didn't know.

The first one mentioned in the link "Infinite Madness" was great but now I think someone has to invite you to get in. I use it in the past and it had a lot of great bootlegs, probably it does have the one I'm looking for & I know that the Hallowed Bootleg site doesn't work anymore will try and see the rest. Thank you once again for the great suggestion.

Back