Live Tracks from The Book of Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanMaiden01

Ghost of the Navigator
I'm going to see Iron Maiden and I have been trying to think which songs from the new album they will play live. Since they typically open the show with the first song of the album, I think it's safe to say that If Eternity Should Fail will be played to start the show. Speed of Light was the single so that will definitely be played. I think they will play the title track as well. I think The Red and the Black would be a great song to play live. Death or Glory and Tears of a Clown seem like they could be played live as well. I would love to see them play Empire of the Clouds but Dickinson has already said they will not play that live.

So the songs from the new album I think they will play on The Book of Souls World Tour are:
If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
The Red and the Black
The Book of Souls
Death or Glory
Tears of a Clown

What do you think they would play from the new album?

Welcome to the forum, RyanMaiden! There's already a pretty lengthy discussion on this here. I surely do hope they play If Eternity Should Fail

I'm going to see Iron Maiden and I have been trying to think which songs from the new album they will play live. Since they typically open the show with the first song of the album, I think it's safe to say that If Eternity Should Fail will be played to start the show. Speed of Light was the single so that will definitely be played. I think they will play the title track as well. I think The Red and the Black would be a great song to play live. Death or Glory and Tears of a Clown seem like they could be played live as well. I would love to see them play Empire of the Clouds but Dickinson has already said they will not play that live.

So the songs from the new album I think they will play on The Book of Souls World Tour are:
If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
The Red and the Black
The Book of Souls
Death or Glory
Tears of a Clown

Perfect.

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
The Red and the Black
The Book of Souls
Death or Glory
Tears of a Clown

Same selection here! :)

Six songs from the new album seems too many. I think the only "locks" are Speed of Light, The Book of Souls and The Red and the Black. I'm guessing there may be one more. I'd be surprised (and frankly disappointed) if they played Death or Glory instead of another song, as I think it is by far the weakest song on the album. Eternity and Clown would also be good choices, as would When the River Runs Deep, which would be a fun live song that wouldn't overtax the guys.

If Eternity Should Fail - Album opener typically means that it will also open the concerts.
Speed of Light - They're probably going to play the lead single...
The Red and the Black - Very long song, it's like 2 of their regular "long songs"...
The Book of Souls - Title track, will probably be played.
Death or Glory - In all other cases, I'd see this as a given, but if we take running time into consideration you'd have to ask yourself if you can see them dedicating such a large portion of the set to the new album.
Tears of a Clown - Always thought this was a given, but considering sheer length of the others...

Approx. 48 minutes of album material. Add the standards, and you have how much room left? Hard to say how they'll decide on this. I'd personally drop Death or Glory and Tears of a Clown from the list. But then, last time I thought they'd never do The Talisman either. (I'm ridiculously bad at this guessing game!)

Apparently Steve isn't sure about TOAC being played according to Nicko in the latest FC Magazine. Whatever they'll decide to play, I do think it's gonna be of those six songs mentioned in the opening post.

I'm REALLY really hoping for Shadows of the Valley, if they decide to play that one then I'll be happy with whatever else they pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back