Live-isms: "I wonder why they don't..."

He didn't do in on the World Slavery tour when he was younger.
Doing something live and in the studio are completely different things. You need a lot more stamina when you’re as active as Bruce and some things get sacrificed. Of course he could barely hit the rest of the chorus a lot of nights because of the physical demands the song poses so idk why this is even an issue.

Doing something live and in the studio are completely different things. You need a lot more stamina when you’re as active as Bruce and some things get sacrificed. Of course he could barely hit the rest of the chorus a lot of nights because of the physical demands the song poses so idk why this is even an issue.
Well, the whole point of this thread is to wonder why certain things didn't happen live and that's something I've always wondered. And now I know. Thanks. :)

Can confirm, the scream is way easier to do.
Screams are easy to do?
Maybe I'm just soft-spoken, maybe I don't know the technique, or maybe I'm just weird, but I always found falsetto to be a much easier option, especially on the Dissident Aggressor/Screaming For Vengeance/2112 type of song.

Screams are easy to do?
Maybe I'm just soft-spoken, maybe I don't know the technique, or maybe I'm just weird, but I always found falsetto to be a much easier option, especially on the Dissident Aggressor/Screaming For Vengeance/2112 type of song.
A scream like the one in “Rime” or in “Number of the Beast” maybe not, but his typical scream nowadays is fairly easy to do, at least for me. In “Aces High” he stops singing “high” for a sec and switches into his scream, which prepares himself for it. On the studio version he does a natural shift into falsetto in one quick snap and that’s pretty hard to pull off as well as he does.

Bruce did try with the "clean ending" for Aces High in 1999. Also kinda in 2012-14 (occasionally anyway) where the scream came usually well after the final chorus.

He also did that during the first shows of 2018, but switched to short "high" and the usual scream pretty quickly.

Here's the "clean" take from 2018. It sounds good, but I get that the scream brings a bit more edge and drama to it and it's not like he's even trying to replicate the album version chorus anyway.

On ''Killers'' at the end of the song: ''Oooh yeah, I've done it again''.... followed by a scream - If I'm not mistaken, this part is never done by Bruce live (he skips it). Brutal part (the climax of the song).

I would like to have full live-show (on audio or bluray) with hidden track (of the whole show) that features only 'Arry's voice.
It's been fun to see him singing along to all the songs through the years..so, it's about time they release some easter-egg like that.

I would like to have full live-show (on audio or bluray) with hidden track (of the whole show) that features only 'Arry's voice.
It's been fun to see him singing along to all the songs through the years..so, it's about time they release some easter-egg like that.
This would violate the Bill of Rights 1689 (cruel and unusual punishment part).
Letting him near the editing console is enough of a torture already.

I just want a soundboard of Nicko with the drums faded out. Just yelling and mumbling for 105 minutes.

Back