(Little) mistake on The Early Years dvd

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Did anyone discover the mistake on disc 2?

Go to extra's:

Check:

Women in Uniform 22-2-1980.
You see Adrian Smith playing.

Now check:

Running Free: 13-11-1980.
You see Dennis Stratton playing.

They probably have switched the dates, or it's some other mistake. How on earth could Dennis be in the band AFTER Adrian?

Anyone else who can clear this up? Thanks in advance!

it will all be cleared when I post the commentary on this DVD... whenever I post it! [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Dec 17 2004, 07:57 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Dec 17 2004, 07:57 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]it will all be cleared when I post the commentary on this DVD... whenever I post it!   [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]93974[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Looking forward to it! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Also, I found it odd that in the documentary they emphasized that Maiden never playbacked at pop shows but always actually played. Well, I don't mean to accuse them, maybe it's just my mistake, but compare the album version of Running Free to the Pop & Rock version on the DVD... Anybody else notice that it sounds the same?

I actually have half a video where Maiden are doing a playback to Wasted Years in a German TV show. However, they make it obvious by switching instruments every now and then and just doing stupid stuff on the stage. The whole thing is hilarious to look at, but it still is merely an incomplete download.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Dec 18 2004, 10:59 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Dec 18 2004, 10:59 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I actually have half a video where Maiden are doing a playback to Wasted Years in a German TV show. However, they make it obvious by switching instruments every now and then and just doing stupid stuff on the stage. The whole thing is hilarious to look at, but it still is merely an incomplete download.
[snapback]94059[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah, that's on that 12 Wasted Years Video that was put out back then.
Another thing in the 2nd DVD is the footage of Derek Riggs and his recollection of how he came up with Eddie. I don't know if anybody knows, but that was old footage. It too was taken from the 12 Wasted video. Out of everybody involved with the dvd, he was the only one that wasn't interviewed for it. He is still alive isn't he? They claim that everybody still feels as if they are part of Maiden, do you think Derek does?

I think that it was a shame that they guy that created the most recognized character in rock and that has much to do with Maiden's popularity (in some respects) didn't get to be in such an important Maiden historical dvd.

I remember reading a quote from Rod in the news forum that they felt they had everything they wanted from Riggs in archival footage, so there was no need to conduct a new interview. I think that's a lie - they just don't get along, and didn't want to talk to Riggs again.

Hmm I've always been curious to the circumstances surrounding Maiden and Riggsy, seems many blame it on Steve, anybody care to fill me in?

Is Derek alive?.....hmm...you be the judge....

[img src=\'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Tap_Legion/derek2.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

[!--QuoteBegin-Tap_Legion+Dec 19 2004, 12:41 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Tap_Legion @ Dec 19 2004, 12:41 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Is Derek alive?.....hmm...you be the judge....

[img src=\'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Tap_Legion/derek2.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]
[snapback]94124[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Holy hell! He looks like a bloody undead!

[!--QuoteBegin-ohgar_boy+Dec 19 2004, 02:59 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ohgar_boy @ Dec 19 2004, 02:59 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Holy hell! He looks like a bloody undead!
[snapback]94125[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Lol..yeah , you look at that pic and you think of the movie line "Hi David , can I have a piece of toast."

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Dec 17 2004, 07:57 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Dec 17 2004, 07:57 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]it will all be cleared when I post the commentary on this DVD... whenever I post it!   [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]93974[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I opened the same topic on the official band forum. Someone checked the BBC archives on internet, and indeed, the dates were mixed up (mistake).

Then I said it was a bit of a blunder. A day later: topic deleted! [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Eyeflash+Dec 18 2004, 03:37 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Eyeflash @ Dec 18 2004, 03:37 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Also, I found it odd that in the documentary they emphasized that Maiden never playbacked at pop shows but always actually played. Well, I don't mean to accuse them, maybe it's just my mistake, but compare the album version of Running Free to the Pop & Rock version on the DVD... Anybody else notice that it sounds the same?
[snapback]94045[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yes, I have noticed that : it's the sound of the album.

Yeah, Paul shouting "All right!" or whatever he says at the beginning gave it away. :-/ And the bass sounding just as horrible due to the shitty speakers on my computer. [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Eyeflash+Dec 18 2004, 02:37 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Eyeflash @ Dec 18 2004, 02:37 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Also, I found it odd that in the documentary they emphasized that Maiden never playbacked at pop shows but always actually played. Well, I don't mean to accuse them, maybe it's just my mistake, but compare the album version of Running Free to the Pop & Rock version on the DVD... Anybody else notice that it sounds the same?
[/quote]
Yeah...Bought the DVD today,and when I saw the Running Free vid,I was like ''WTF? This sounds the same as the album version!''
Anyhoo,what do you dudes think of the DVD in general?
I thought it was absolutely SAVAGE! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yeah, it was quite cool, especially enjoyed the Hammersmith concert, I think I liked Bruce's voice the best during that certain period, I think his voice at the time sounded a lot better than at Live After Death for example, or even Dortmund on the DVD. I already have a video of Live At The Rainbow, but of course it doesn't beat DVD quality, so I'm quite fond of it. The documentary was what wannabe hackers would call "teh pwnz0r", and it's nice seeing the videos again. But I mostly liked the Ruskin Arms in spite of the horrible quality.

[!--QuoteBegin-Eyeflash+Dec 18 2004, 03:37 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Eyeflash @ Dec 18 2004, 03:37 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Also, I found it odd that in the documentary they emphasized that Maiden never playbacked at pop shows but always actually played. Well, I don't mean to accuse them, maybe it's just my mistake, but compare the album version of Running Free to the Pop & Rock version on the DVD... Anybody else notice that it sounds the same?
[/quote]

Wickerman wasn't live on ToTP either

Back