Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

My new phone has one very annoying feature, namely a shortcut button to the Google Assistant which is dead level with the on/off switch on the opposite side of the phone. So I keep pressing it by accident and I just get irritated with it continually popping up saying "How may I help you?" So this morning I said "you can go away?"

Then this happened:
So now I'm getting a bit of a complex about artificial intelligence ...

I deleted Samsung's Bixby after rooting my current S9, together with most of OEM crapware on the phone. I ended up deleting too much, so had to pull some normal launcher (Nova or something like that) from the store because the Samsung one stopped working. Good riddance.

What's really iritating, they remove important physical buttons from the phone that control the interface (like back, home, etc.), then they put a side button with an exclusive function of running some Orwellian piece of software. Now you can reassign the key and disable this Bixby running unintentionaly when pushing the button in the pocket or something, however it is always on as a background service. I don't care about eavesdropping because that's easily blocked on the network level but the shit is always hooked on the microphone and it is draining the battery for no apparent benefit of mine.

It took me some time (days) to clean up the phone after initial purchase and make it not do anything while I'm not doing anything on it. As absurd as it sounds, by default it doesn't work that way. By default, security, privacy, performance and battey life suffer. Tons of shit you don't really need running all the time.

The hands that threaten doom are at two minutes to midnight for the stuff in the storage room I've been ranting about. I have hesitated to trash it all, as some of it appears to be worth a bit of money and the previous owners did show up and pick up some of it two weeks ago. After more excuses, the rest was to be picked up this week. I have issued the final warning that if it is not retrieved today, I am removing it myself, tomorrow.

At 10 AM I got a phone call ... they'll come at 3 PM. Stay tuned.

At 10 AM I got a phone call ... they'll come at 3 PM. Stay tuned.

giphy.gif

Guess what? The bastard did show up, and picked up the crap. But of course not everything ... a stack of stone tiles remains. The moron had the guts to ask if I wanted to buy them ...

But at least I'll be able to use the storage now. Looking forward to not having my car tires stored inhouse ...

Also, he brought one I assume to be his brother, and a little girl that I'd assume was the daughter of one of them. Why bring a child with them? To make it less likely that I would verbally tear them a new one?

Also, he brought one I assume to be his brother, and a little girl that I'd assume was the daughter of one of them. Why bring a child with them? To make it less likely that I would verbally tear them a new one?
Probably. Did they leave the tiles? Just sell them now.

You could have dropped a handful of the tiles on their bonnet before they had a chance to leave. "Don't forget these!"

Sometimes, we have a song that reflects our current state (of mind). For the past 2 months it was Strapping Young Lad's Consequence for me, rather one part of the chorus:

"
I'm ready to burn
My skin is infected
"

I was able to relate with on a very deep spiritual level.
I'm kidding people. My groin is infected and it burns, don't listen to a song too much or it might affect you and you will face the...Consequence.

Back