Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Okay.  What the FUCK.  Why do you keep assuming it's me?

I didn't lock the fucking 100k thread.  I didn't move it.  I hardly kicked you compared to others.

Seriously.  Fuck off.  I'm getting really pissed off now.  I joked once about locking the precious 100k thread.  I'm really starting to hate that motherfucking piece of bandwidth wasting junk, and you ought to be lucky I don't turn around and delete it right now.

In conclusion, kiss my ass and fuck right off.

ALSO.

Yax, how dare you call To Kill A Mockingbird "lousy" and "stinking".  It's one of the greatest books ever written.  I apologize if you can't get it, but it is easily one of the best of all time.  And my favourite.

want a hint?

LC: Yes I can get it. I do understand the whole race business going on, along with other things, BUT: I find the characters too flat, I HATE when the author writes in southern slang (example: "Yonder" or something like that) and I think the whole Boo Radley thingy takes up waaay too much of the book. And, it really doesn't set my mood when you have to stress read it. Sorry, I plain don't like it, but I do understand its important message.

That's fine, Yax.  May I recommend you return to it in a few years.  The relationship between Scout and Boo Radley is a very commonly debated metaphor.  Personally, I believe it's about Scout growing up and realizing how troubled of a world she is in - where only whole white people are allowed to exist.  Boo Radley's existence is suppressed because he seems to have mental issues; Robinson is convicted and then is killed because of the colour of his skin.

Plus, why wouldn't people from the South speak with Southern accents?

Nice to see this thread agin. LC, who accused you of locking it?

btw, I love accents.  :D

Good morning y'all! hehe Rainy here in PA... -_- real rainy!

Peace, love and Iron Maiden man, peace, love and Iron Maiden. Did you know LC is boycotting the Olympics this year too?  :D

__no5 got booted down again, clearly a mod move, and he asked LC to stop booting.  And, from his statement, its clear that he did boot him.  I don't think anyone ever specifically accused LC of moving the thread, but it was bandied about that a mod made the move.  Whichever, they don't seem to want to take responsibility for it.  

As far as accents go, it does add mood and personality to the character.  However, most publishers you will talk to (and editors) will recommend that you NOT use too much of that in a story.  It slows down most readers, and takes them out of the story.  Hence, when writing a novel about 16th century England, most authors will not use the speech of the day, but will use contemporary speech, instead.  Personally, I read quickly, so it doesn't bother me much-- but you will not find it as common these days.

wasted155 said:
__no5 got booted down again, clearly a mod move, and he asked LC to stop booting.  And, from his statement, its clear that he did boot him.  I don't think anyone ever specifically accused LC of moving the thread, but it was bandied about that a mod made the move.  Whichever, they don't seem to want to take responsibility for it.  

I'm not saying I've never kicked no5.  I'm saying that the majority of it isn't me.  I kick someone when I feel they need kicking.  Like Thousand_Suns.  Nobody goes back and criticizes me for that now, do they?

But then there are these:
PM to LC said:
...tell me that is NOT true LC, please tell me

-it makes no sence at all - it was the most popular and most beloved thread here
even if you didn't like it why not let it be for the sake of all those members that loved it ?

This wasn't sent to other mods.  So yes, I am considering it accusatory.

Alright, I'm going to stand with LooseCannon. I hid the thread. It was, as most of you correctly suspected, an April Fool's joke.  Since most of you got it pretty quickly, we decided to hide it for a further couple of days, so there would be real irritation among you and real amusement for us. After all, it's only a joke. Part of that joke was that nobody would ever say a single word about it, but apparently, this is starting to spawn some bad blood. So lay off LC.

I didn't PM LC at all. I was just wondering what happened to the thread. I think it's others who were really upset about it. I wasn;t upset.

LooseCannon said:
I'm not saying I've never kicked no5.  I'm saying that the majority of it isn't me.  I kick someone when I feel they need kicking.  Like Thousand_Suns.  Nobody goes back and criticizes me for that now, do they?

This wasn't sent to other mods.  So yes, I am considering it accusatory.

I'm sorry, I should have stated that I didnt see you accused in a thread.  Its true I won't know what was in a PM.  As far as 1k_suns goes, I wasn't there for that.

I know you can boot someone for your own reasons-- usually it'll be clear to most why someone gets booted.  It seemed uncalled for to see __no5 booted so much.  So as to that, I'm not blaming you, specifically, LC.  Its a Mod thing, and clearly, I didn't/don't understand the rules.

Perun said:
Alright, I'm going to stand with LooseCannon. I hid the thread. It was, as most of you correctly suspected, an April Fool's joke.  Since most of you got it pretty quickly, we decided to hide it for a further couple of days, so there would be real irritation among you and real amusement for us. After all, it's only a joke. Part of that joke was that nobody would ever say a single word about it, but apparently, this is starting to spawn some bad blood. So lay off LC.

Ok, I'll say that I'm in a bad mood today, from just life in general, but I can't really read sarcasim online very well.  If that is what your statement about "there would be real irritation among you", then ok, i dig.  If it was serious, then expect to see irritation. 

wasted155 said:
I know you can boot someone for your own reasons-- usually it'll be clear to most why someone gets booted.  It seemed uncalled for to see __no5 booted so much.  So as to that, I'm not blaming you, specifically, LC.  Its a Mod thing, and clearly, I didn't/don't understand the rules.

I apologize too.  I am just really frustrated with this entire thing, and I didn't mean for it to come off so accusatory.

However.

Having said that.  Kicking people has been used as a way to warn members that they are being stupid/foolish/or are disliked.  The massive -500 points...well, there you go.  It only means something to people who care about it.  I couldn't even tell you what my user rating is, but it's not nearly as high as yours is, wasted.

Just like this thread, it doesn't mean anything.

Ok, I get what you are saying.  I understand the frustration part (believe me).  And we have spoken before about the boots.  It was something that I wanted to do for __no5, cause I do like talking to him.  I got pretty wound up in seeing him booted down when I was trying to boot him up.  I think for me, being new here, it means more than it would to someone who has 3000 posts. 

I dig on the little meaning.  As far as the thread, its a fun place for me to find people that like what I do. 

Right.  But what you need to understand is that this thread, as a creation, is literally 1/5th of the posts on the forums.  That's 1/5th of the forum's storage space taken up by this thread.  While it's very nice that you use the thread to talk and find common interests, other threads can serve that purpose just as well...

Without being a huge drain on resources.

That being said, the fact is that I hate the thread because people seem to exist only for the thread.

LooseCannon said:
That being said, the fact is that I hate the thread because people seem to exist only for the thread.
This thread is almost like a chat room going back to year whatever. I know it seems some exist only for this thread (most contributors here do contribute elsewhere - not always in the English forum), but it's just a bit of fun, really.

Albie said:
This thread is almost like a chat room going back to year whatever. I know it seems some exist only for this thread (most contributors here do contribute elsewhere - not always in the English forum), but it's just a bit of fun, really.
Come to the chat room, it's more fun. ;)

Back