Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

SneakySneaky said:
I can't play Max Payne on Vista.  I have problems with the damn sound  :mad:.

Ha-Ha!  I've had Vista on my laptop.  I've reformatted my whole hard drive because many things were not compatible.  Vista is gone but now my Internet Explorer won't work.  Thank You Firefox, at least.  Unfortunately, I cannot run MSN Messenger without Internet Explorer.  Back to Vista -- IT SUCKS!  I know.  My advice is to reformat and as LooseCannon said to me before, "it is time to down grade".  :yes:

Albie said:
You could always wash your laundry in your bath. :D

I could always wash it in the snow before it turns slushy or black from all the petroleum.

Microsoft should not have released Vista so early.  I think that they wanted to make it dummy-proof, but all they did is frustrate all internet users.  I suppose Vista works if all you need your pc for is emaling and playing games without sound.

That's what happened w/ME. My hubby and I got notebooks for college in 2001 that had NE on them and ME SUCKS too! lol I've heard the horror stories about Vista as well.

XP is the shit lol

Genghis Khan said:
Microsoft should not have released Vista so early.  I think that they wanted to make it dummy-proof, but all they did is frustrate all internet users.  I suppose Vista works if all you need your pc for is emaling and playing games without sound.

Early?! Man it's taken them FOREVER to finally realize it. There were rumors about it (it was code named Longhorn) for like 4 years or so...

I've only heard of one person who did not dislike Vista.  Apparantly, he studied the system for months before deciding he liked it.  Sheesh!  So much for being user-friendly.  Who's got the time?!
Onhell said:
Early?! Man it's taken them FOREVER to finally realize it. There were rumors about it (it was code named Longhorn) for like 4 years or so...

That is not long in my opinion.  Operating systems are complex.

True, but they were also released every 2 years...  Apple used to take their time, they haven't as of late.

Tell you what, IBM had a PC operating system that was relativity well used, doing the rounds between 15 and 20 years ago - OS/2. A lot of cash machines used OS/2 as their OS for years - and only recently have they been put on to a Microsoft OS.

It took Microsoft up until WinXP to make a platform as stable as that what IBM had many years before (although it could be argued that NT for Workstation had the OS/2 reliability - but that was still after OS/2).

And if you saw what an OS/2 Warp desktop looked like, you may see how our Bill got his ideas from. :D

Genghis Khan said:
Do you know if the Apple system is any better/worse?

Unfortunately my answer is biased, but I do believe the Mac OS is much better. Not as bloated, more stable, better features, etc... Honestly Vista, like everything else Microsoft has put out, looks like a rip off of OS 10.4 from Mac, from how they look to the "renaming" of aps and features.

We've been stalling a little. 10,000 by Christmas? Unlikely at this rate. :huh:

@ Albie & Onhell: Everything you've said confirms what I keep hearing: Gates is a better businessmen than computer genius and if other companies had more market sense (or, as some people say, if people were not so computer illiterate, like me) another operating system would be more commonly used than Windows.

About lack of posting: I put the blame squarely on No.5's shoulders.  He has not been posting here frequently enough.  Come on!  He is supposed to be enouraging us once every six hours of so.  ;) :p

Genghis Khan said:
@ Albie & Onhell: Everything you've said confirms what I keep hearing: Gates is a better businessmen than computer genius and if other companies had more market sense (or, as some people say, if people were not so computer illiterate, like me) another operating system would be more commonly used than Windows.
Summed up well. OS/2 was advertised well back then, but despite OS/2 been the better OS for a PC, Windows won. Much in the same vein as Betamax v VHS. Betamax is still used by my brother-in-law (a cameraman) as he regards it as broadcast quality - but we all got sucked in by VHS.

Genghis Khan said:
About lack of posting: I put the blame squarely on No.5's shoulders.
As do I. :D

Back