Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

In other news:

I've been back to work after summer for two weeks. Those two weeks have had the best weather all summer. Tomorrow I'm going to Jotunheimen for six days of mountain hiking. The forecast says that we can expect torrential rain tomorrow.

Laptop. Desktops take way too much space, would rather buy a weaker laptop than deal with all the cables and assorted desktop crap.

Both. My laptop belongs to work, but I end up using it a lot at home because I'm often finishing bits of work off after hours. I do like my own PC, though, plus that's what has all the music on it.

Curious...do people here use a stationary computer or laptop at home?
I use a laptop at home and a crappy Sunray terminal at work that connects to the Unix servers:

Oracel_Sunray_VDI_from_Acardia.jpg

I've had my own computer since 2005 approximately and I only had one big virus problem in these 10 years, and that was when I shared it with my mom. In the last 5 years I've been the only one using it and had zero virus problems.

That's good that you haven't had any virus problems, but if you had gone through all of what we did, you might like Apple better. It's too bad that Windows users still love to hate on them. I just don't get why.

I have a pc with a 1TB HDD for the C : and a 2TB for the D: (music and movies). It's basically my file server and its hooked up to my tv. But I prefer my laptop because I can sit anywhere in the house to use it and I can still access all my junk on the PC.

Other than watching movies or listening to music (or surfing this site) I hate to touch a PC at home since I'm eyeball deep in the damn things day in and day out.

I have a MacBook. Under my bed. Unplugged and unused in a year. To be fair, it worked fine, but the backlight is dying and the system fan failed on it, so its of little use to me :/

I like Windows because I'm used to the interface and used to the file sharing and I seem to have a million .exe's that I run.....

And for work I got a Surface Pro 3 which I love dearly :)

Back