Let's rate all six new shirts from the official store (Legacy collection)

Good to know, my Clairvoyant in XL hasnt arrived yet. But I wanna get some of the others. So they tend to be very large in their given size?

With my shirt, this is true. Of course, I don't know if that's generally the case.
The employees in the alteration shop confirmed that they would have suspected it was size L.

Personally, none of them work for me as a shirt. The prints are very wide and long, and I don't think work too well on a woman's figure, even if the shirt was made in ladies fit. My favourite Maiden shirt to date is the very plain Senjutsu samurai mask shirt.

I have to be honest, these shirts are awful. They look like something I’d see being flogged outside the O2 in London after a gig by some dodgy geezer.

I think the shirts have generally been very poor from Maiden for a long time now, from the official sites to emp and other places.

I find the designs just look boring. I don’t really wear metal shirts anymore anyway to be honest but of the very small Ltd collection I have I’m more likely to wear my navy Senjutsu one as it has a small logo in the top left of the front and Japanese writing on the back.

These days I’d only wear a metal shirt if it had a more subtle logo/design.

I’d love to get a decent quality polo shirt with maybe one of Eddie’s heads as a small logo on the top left. They could do a theme with say a pale blue one and the seventh son Eddie head as the logo or black one and the somewhere in time Eddie logo etc. could be a nice little collection. For me it would need to be decent quality and available in slim fit as despite the popular norm there a few of us metal fans who aren’t all XXL regular fit :p

T-shirt sizes are somewhat puzzling. Depending on brand I might be an M or an L. I am built as I was 25 years ago yet the size of some of my Maiden T-shirts from back then is XL!

I agree with @AncientMariner_Essex about metal T-shirts. These days I favour subtle designs instead of “the zombie will gore you” ones. I have been selling a good number of Maiden T-shirts on ebay for that reason: I’d rather see a collector enjoying them that having them in a drawer at home. That being said, I am keeping some I am more strongly attached to (Powerslave, Live After Death and my first Maiden T-shirt, Fear of the Dark bought at HMV in Oxford Street back in 1992).

For what is worth, I like that Wicker Man T-shirt!

I am built as I was 25 years ago yet the size of some of my Maiden T-shirts from back then is XL!

Baggy must have been the style of the time, I have a football shirt that I had when I was 18 and it's slightly too big for me now, even though I'm probably 5 stone heavier these days:lol:

T-shirt sizes are somewhat puzzling. Depending on brand I might be an M or an L. I am built as I was 25 years ago yet the size of some of my Maiden T-shirts from back then is XL!

I agree with @AncientMariner_Essex about metal T-shirts. These days I favour subtle designs instead of “the zombie will gore you” ones. I have been selling a good number of Maiden T-shirts on ebay for that reason: I’d rather see a collector enjoying them that having them in a drawer at home. That being said, I am keeping some I am more strongly attached to (Powerslave, Live After Death and my first Maiden T-shirt, Fear of the Dark bought at HMV in Oxford Street back in 1992).

For what is worth, I like that Wicker Man T-shirt!

Last year I did buy a couple of those football shirts from WA sports, I got the seventh son and piece of mind ones. I haven't actually worn them yet but I love the look of them and will likely wear one when I see Maiden at the O2 this year.

What I would love as a more regular shirt to wear would be a polo shirt collection a bit like the WA sports shirts. What I mean is the logo/patch on these has the eddie head design I like and a range of polo shirts in the same colours as these football shirts except none of main print that's on the football ones just the same colour scheme with the relevant eddie head in the corner pocket. Now, without sounding all pretentious and snobby if polo shirts like the ones I described actually existed I'd want the material and quality to be in line with the ralph Lauren or boss polo shirts I already have. These fit superbly and wash very well and last forever if looked after.

Considering how much some heavy metal apparel costs I'd say the ralph Lauren and Boss polos I have which I paid around £100 each for are way better value as some of these are over 5 years old and look as good as the day I bought them and I wear them a lot, especially in the summer.

I've always wondered why exactly I don't like polo shirts. I think that type of collar somehow does not look good on me.
My shirt will have a v-neck anyway when it is back from the alteration shop.
The soccer shirts I would only wear when playing soccer.

I think I'm moving into "old fart" territory.
I used to love seeing someone wearing Maiden shirt and would always turn around to see the back print. Usually, someone either had tour shirt or there were ton of bootleg shirts that had much cooler print on the back than in the front. With the time I get used to that back print was always better.
They don't do those anymore. Even worse, I have no problem "the zombie will gore you" approach, but the couple ones are so.... uninspiring.
Even those subtle ones. It's been years that FC shop something that wowed me.
On another hand, if postage from Brasil wasn't so damn expensive, I'd probably strart playing football/running again just so I could order some of these: LINKY LINK

My shirts are back from the alteration shop. Wow, they know what they are doing. They look great and are tight-fitting now. I am ready.
Since one or two years I have to do the same with Maiden shirts from the official store. Size L doesn't fit anymore, while XL is way too large. That makes things a bit expensive...

Back