Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to share my review of the Maiden concert in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, yesterday:

- one of the best concerts that I've ever seen.
- the best stage set and production of all tours by far. Superb light effects !
- Bruce was immense and the whole band was on fire.
- it seems that Maiden will never aged...
- the setlist is one of the best.
- the performance of FOTD was magical.
- the crowd screamed the lyrics of FTGGOG during the whole song (inc. me): that somehow surprised me...
- the inflatable plane, the walk-on and big Eddie were huge and top-notch.
- the crowd reaction of all of the classics, was on the highest level, especially on FOTD, Trooper, TNOTB, IM, RTTH...
- The Clansman is indeed a crowd favorite on this tour !
- SOTC was a highlight for me - very mystic performance with all of the fire and the epicness of the song. The light cross is a good addition.
- Adrian's solo on TWM was fine to me.
- FOI is huge live with that backdrop: eternal classic for sure !
- Bruce really has reached spectacular heights on HBTN at the end of the song.
- the end of RTTH was really great.
- When I have seen the inflatable plane and sang the chorus of Aces High with all my heart, maaan, I almost cried...
- 2MTM was welcomed enthusiastic from the crowd. Where Eagles Dare too. TETMD electrifying the crowd !
- the ''fight'' between Bruce and the Trooper Eddie was cool.
- Revelations was also magical and the stage set looked amazing during it. The participation of the crowd was on level during this song.
- the whole festival was great and a very special one for Bulgaria ! The organization was good, but not the prices of the beer, food and merchandising !
- the sound was also good: very loud and the sound of the Nicko drums and Steve bass was thunderous.
- it was obvious that the band enjoyed and played to the maximum along with the crowd. What a show !!! (I want a DVD from this concert :))

In the end, it was a magical night with Maiden that I don't wanted to end. I lost my voice from the never ending singing and shouting.... great event for the Bulgarian people and the fantastic crowd that we are ! That concert will be with me for my whole life :blush: At the middle of the concert - I looked up to the sky and said: that is how the greatness look like.... :notworthy:

Last edited:
The sound on rockwave was jaw-dropping, possibly the best sound I have ever listened to any metal concert I have gone, and I have been going to metal concerts (big and small) since 1989. A true juggernaut of a sound.
Word on that, Homeslice. I was at Hellfest and they headlined the Sunday night. After 3.5 days of differing sound quality Maiden still stood out as having phenomenal sound. Definitely much better than before and I didn't even think there was a problem at previous gigs.
From watching several vids, I am not sure that I enjoy the difference in playing, solos by Dave in particular. I know the parts so well that it is a bit jarring. However, live, in the flesh, Daves variations were one of my favourite elements of the show. So many time when I wanted to rock to the right, Dave would swing me to the left. Brilliant stuff.

I will see them next in Belfast on the 2nd August. I am in the mindset to stand back and watch the show with my 6 or so mates that are coming too but they know very well that halfway through Doctor Doctor I will lose the plot and bounce to the front.

Cant fuckin wait:shred:

Sign of the Cross is played is much slower a bit into the tour, like during the beginning of the X Factour.
I noticed it too. This tour version might be slower than the studio version. I blasted the Rock in Rio version in the car lately and no other (Bruce) live version beats that one, despite Adrian's additions.

Speak of Little Brucie, @Dangerina

bruce_dickinson_flag_tight_pants.jpg
Alexander the Great my dear, Alexander the Great :D
I'm gonna see it soon in London :clap::nuts:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back