LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce mentioned in Zagreb at one of his (endless) book tour shows that the Rock in Rio gig was the worst of the whole South American tour as they were sick and had the shits. Apparently, he lost 2.5 kg between Mexico and the Rio gig and had a bucket backstage ready for when it was needed.

Sick or not, he still sounds better on Aces High now that he did back in 2012-2014 when it was the first encore.
That explains it. I thought he sounded incredible in 2018.

I never understood the inclusion of Aces High on the Maiden England tour. It was too slow and Bruce was struggling with it.

That explains it. I thought he sounded incredible in 2018.

I never understood the inclusion of Aces High on the Maiden England tour. It was too slow and Bruce was struggling with it.

They needed something to make up for the lack of Hallowed.

Bruce said that many songs were left for this tour ( war,religion,hell) related so maybe they can tour with a different set list......you know....maybe 2 o 3 songs add,mabye brighter than thousand suns,mabye another X factor song war related or afraid to shoot strangers...

The only 2 songs that have any chance are ''The Clairvoyant'' and ''Heaven Can Wait'', simply because they were featured in the hints on the 2018 tour poster.

You think it is gonna be same set in 2020?

Only suprise in 2018 was Flight of Icarus, before that it was Children of the damned, before that SSOASS

So not much of suprises lately

Best sets has been 1999, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2014, 2018

I think this should be their final tour, they done these history tours for 20 years, they don't got more to proof

Doubt they will do a new album tour for 2 years then do a another history tour tour another 2 years

This time around, I'd actually lean towards thinking there will be one or two significant changes to the set list, because they've been known to do that on the redundant legs of their cabaret tours.

But I'm not expecting anything mind boggling. On this sort of leg, they tend to forget about the original tour concept. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they played Wrathchild and Phantom instead of Where Eagles Dare and Greater Good, for instance. I doubt they would go for another deep cut or play a new song.

Phantom would be a good bet because it goes down so well. Wrathchild is a stock favourite, but that depends if they share the feeling with critics that it's been done to death as a stand-in. The Evil That Men Do maybe? It also seems to go down well even if it's not one of their greatest.

When i saw Metallica they rotated quite a lot on the first leg indoors with the second leg outdoors

Why can't more band be like that?

When Maiden done this US/EU tour every second year they easily could have different setlist on different continent they are playing at making it more intresting

I think they want to bring the same live experience for everyone: Same show and same set list.
I would like it too, but I also understand this. And they also rotated songs trough their tours in the last 15 years or so.

By the way, the 2-year-old official LOTB tour playlist on spotify has been updated as the setlist of 2020. On the other hand, even if there was a change, whether they would make it clear at this point is debatable.

P.s. I expect no change.

I think, it might have been only updated to have new tour poster but I suppose that at some point when I listened to it (when 2018 tour was going) the songs were the earlier "more horrible '98 remastered"-versions and now they've changed the songs to the newer 2015 better mastering.
This was because later when Spotify had newer masterings and that particular playlists wasn't updated to the newer ones, I had to do my own playlist of the setlist just because I wanted to listen to better ones. Also, Spotify's own "This Is Iron Maiden" playlist was at last updated aswell.

Never understood the point with die hard superfans pay up to see about 10 gigs on same tour with same set

The setlist it not that great see over again

Even if they keep same setlist or not, they add a decent support band this time

Saw Airbourne in October and was brilliant, so there something to look forward to

They are not getting booed out of stage like with many other bands

Never understood the point with die hard superfans pay up to see about 10 gigs on same tour with same set

The setlist it not that great see over again
I think it is not too difficult to understand. We listen to each of these songs hundreds of times. I see no anomaly in seeing them twice in a concert setting. It is enjoyable as you always have something else to pay attention to.

On the contrary, I do not understand people who can say "meh, I have seen that" for a piece of art. It is never finalizable.

They're not gonna change the setlist. The tour poster for 2020 basically already contains the entire set, with the only obvious missing ones being Revelations, TETMD and FTGGOG (arguably, but I think the AMOLAD soldiers are meant to stand in for that since there's no key art for that song specifically) and out of those TETMD was already heard in the tour promo. It's a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back