LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hartford was a great show as well. Easy highlights were Flight of Icarus, Sign of the Cross, and The Clansman. The crowd got a bit more energetic when the band began bringing out the crowd pleasers starting with Fear of the Dark and onwards. Aces High was a super cool opener. I have to say that Nicko was absolutely on fire that night. Probably the best performance I've ever heard from him. His bass drum was super clear and punchy and sometimes I wondered if he was using a double bass pedal. He kept on time perfectly and his drums were mixed superbly. I wish Steve would've been a tad louder in the mix.

Guitar sound was good too. Adrian and Janick played well as expected. Dave was in fact a little sloppy with the solos. The main one I was looking forward to hearing was his solo in Sign of the Cross (which he performed ok). Bruce unfortunately sounded a little winded from the start. I cut him a lot of slack though with his previous ailments and all. He did a great job regardless. I can't believe he can sing that well after 2 hours of music (I don't know if it was 2 hours, but it felt like it. After all For the Greater Good, Clansman, and Sign of the Cross occupy 30 minutes alone). They were a lot of good rocking moments I had. Flight of Icarus and Sign of the Cross were just vicious live I thought. Those two kick serious ass. Wicker Man and For the Greater Good kinda dragged surprisingly. I didn't feel much of anything during Wicker Man. For the Greater Good just doesn't have it live. Which I was shocked by. I love the studio version of that song but live it doesn't do much. That's just my 2 cents though. If you haven't seen the show yet don't let that dissuade you in anyway.

I had a very good time. I may have had a better time at Priest this year though. Still deciding. Two phenomenal shows.

Hartford was a great show as well. Easy highlights were Flight of Icarus, Sign of the Cross, and The Clansman. The crowd got a bit more energetic when the band began bringing out the crowd pleasers starting with Fear of the Dark and onwards. Aces High was a super cool opener. I have to say that Nicko was absolutely on fire that night. Probably the best performance I've ever heard from him. His bass drum was super clear and punchy and sometimes I wondered if he was using a double bass pedal. He kept on time perfectly and his drums were mixed superbly. I wish Steve would've been a tad louder in the mix.

Guitar sound was good too. Adrian and Janick played well as expected. Dave was in fact a little sloppy with the solos. The main one I was looking forward to hearing was his solo in Sign of the Cross (which he performed ok). Bruce unfortunately sounded a little winded from the start. I cut him a lot of slack though with his previous ailments and all. He did a great job regardless. I can't believe he can sing that well after 2 hours of music (I don't know if it was 2 hours, but it felt like it. After all For the Greater Good, Clansman, and Sign of the Cross occupy 30 minutes alone). They were a lot of good rocking moments I had. Flight of Icarus and Sign of the Cross were just vicious live I thought. Those two kick serious ass. Wicker Man and For the Greater Good kinda dragged surprisingly. I didn't feel much of anything during Wicker Man. For the Greater Good just doesn't have it live. Which I was shocked by. I love the studio version of that song but live it doesn't do much. That's just my 2 cents though. If you haven't seen the show yet don't let that dissuade you in anyway.

I had a very good time. I may have had a better time at Priest this year though. Still deciding. Two phenomenal shows.
Interesting, when I saw Maiden both The Wicker Man and FTGGOG were absolutely phenomenal, among the very best songs of the night.

That's good. Maybe they just had more energy then, I don't know. Honestly, The Wicker Man itself doesn't mean that much to me to begin with, and I was so-so when I heard it was back, so there's that.

Do you know anything about the attendance figures? Maybe Bruce did mention about that?

Do you know anything about the attendance figures? Maybe Bruce did mention about that?
Seats and pit were totally filled. I don't know about lawn. He did say something along the lines of, "there's just a sea of people as far as the eye can see" in between songs.

Last edited:
Hi All, Im new here, but not to Maiden :cool: Just thought Id post that Im selling a ticket to Friday Toronto show as a big discount for the maiden family... GREAT seat, Friday Toronto Ticket, Section 201, Row C, Seat 28...only $65 USD. Can transfer once venmo or paypal is sent.let me know if interested. Thanks!

I've been to a ton of shows at XL and that was the highest attendance. Parking staff said "sold out" as we entered and they directed us, but I saw almost 700 tix on StubHub Friday night. I always get there early, and there was little to no tailgating due to heat/threat of rain.

Also, while RavenAge played, there was only a smattering in the arena and on lawn...at that point I was horrified that the show may have low attendance but they POURED in by the time Winston gave his speech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back