LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yanny had exactly one solo that was on par, sound wise, to the other two. Crisp and clear, a real bender and screamer. I forget which song, but I remember thinking "Wow, that was pretty great!" Other than that, it was his usual noodling around with no real beginning, middle, or end.
For me it was “Clansman”. The first half of his solo was typical noodly Janick stuff but then in the second half he really, really pulled through.

Are there any first timers to a Maiden show in this thread? I'm curious on opinions of the song "Iron Maiden". Something my son pointed out last week is that he couldn't believe how powerful that song was live because the studio version is a bit soft.

Are there any first timers to a Maiden show in this thread? I'm curious on opinions of the song "Iron Maiden". Something my son pointed out last week is that he couldn't believe how powerful that song was live because the studio version is a bit soft.
I think that every song in the LOTB sounds more powerful live than in studio, mainly because of how the sound is arranged. Whether it’s a better song live than in studio I dunno because I’m kinda partial to the original but it does come to life live very well.

It was my second show in Bristow and I prefer the original drums with Clive Burr and vocals with Paul Di'anno. But it does sound more heavier and powerful live because the original didn't have great production.

If I want to hear him sing like he did 30 years ago, I'll put in a cd.

Yup, and even with a flu, he was nailing most of the stuff much better than roughly 30 years ago anyway. :p

Joking aside, I'm glad you enjoyed the show! It really tells something about the band that you can go to their concert after 25 years and find them going this strong.

Also, The Trooper backdrop is a different Eddie from the one they've been using for years.

It's the one from the Maiden England reissue, and they've been using it since the Maiden England tour. I've been trying to wrap my head around why they would use Trooper artwork for a live album that didn't have The Trooper on it (especially when the original album art was quite good) and why they'd replace one of their most iconic Eddies. My best bet is that they have the original Trooper artwork licensed for the beer now and can't use it anymore for legal reasons.

I figured they rotate the Trooper backdrop because the other one, the Riggs Trooper, is already stashed away for the next stage set. I can't recall them using the same exact backdrop on tours in a row.

I've seen two shows so far this tour - Bristow (fellow VA resident here) and Philly and Philly was better in nearly every single way. I just attribute that to the band needing some time to get back into touring shape. I'm sure when I see them again in Pittsburgh in a few weeks they will be even better. Can't wait.

I figured they rotate the Trooper backdrop because the other one, the Riggs Trooper, is already stashed away for the next stage set. I can't recall them using the same exact backdrop on tours in a row.

Well, they use the original Trooper artwork as a backdrop since its first appearance in 1990. The only tours where they used a different backdrop were ME 12-14 (!only at the start of the tour) and LOTB tour - Maiden England Eddie from 2013 DVD cover.

Well, they use the original Trooper artwork as a backdrop since its first appearance in 1990. The only tours where they used a different backdrop were ME 12-14 (!only at the start of the tour) and LOTB tour - Maiden England Eddie from 2013 DVD cover.

While the basic design stayed the same from 1990 to 2012, there's indeed two versions of it, the more stylized version:
colours.jpg

And the one that is up-scaled version of the original Rigg's artwork:
Iron_Maiden_in_the_Palais_Omnisports_of_Paris-Bercy_%28France%29.jpg

What, you're telling me that all those svetehar_risofficial2018/janickgrssironmaiden/brucedickinson58official accounts aren't real??
Yep.

This account has yet to be verified by IG, but Adrian’s wife confirmed it to be him. Also Kevin Shirley is following him, so that seals it.

Are there any first timers to a Maiden show in this thread?

While I have now seen Maiden 14 times over the past 31 years, I saw both Brooklyn shows with newbies (5 of them in total across both shows). For them, the highs were Aces High, Flight of Icarus, Run to the Hills, and perhaps surprisingly, The Clansman. In fact, one guy was so excited he called it the best metal show ever and then proceeded to buy tickets for this weekend's show in Hartford.

As has been mentioned by others, Bruce was in fine form (voice-wise) on both nights, though he is running around a bit less than in the past. On the night Jan played Revelations, Adrian responded by tearing up The Wicker Man shortly thereafter. Finally, I know it's not a lot of people's favorite song, and I'd place it 6th on Number of the Beast, but I want to see Run to the Hills at every show. Everyone in the place just loses it, singing every word, miming every drum fill, and belting out the chorus with thousands of others is a joy to behold.

Until you see the reveal of the "church" in Revelations, you cannot fathom how awesome it is. That song (and the sweet shirt design) was easily the high point for me. The backdrop for Sign of the Cross is pretty spectacular as well. As much as Bruce tried he could not get anyone into FTGGOG on either night. Friday (the 1st night) was clearly a "play classics" crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back