LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they may have mistook their 2016 success as a sign that people would put up with The Raven Age, but really, that was fans enduring them to get to a Maiden that came too close to vanishing with Bruce's cancer.
I can't see how they would considering the massive success in 2017 when they had Ghost. Charlotte had 15,5k (12,5 this year), Bristow 17,6k (probably around 13k today). Boston almost 20k, around 13k this year. Just to mention a few gigs.

But they know what they are doing. Having The Raven Age as support is probably cheaper for Maiden and that means they make more money. The ticket prices are also higher.

Ok dokey. I’m seated now at the Bristow show and just waiting to endure the opening band so I can see the real show. Hashtagletsdothis

I arrived at the Virginia show. Bought a $20 lawn seat ticket from a scalper. Drinking a $13.50 can of Trooper beer. Let’s do this.

Looking forward most of all to hearing Where Eagles Dare and Flight of Icarus live. Piece of Mind was my introduction to Maiden.

Cool to see parents bringing their young kids here. Maiden still reaches all ages.

Some thoughts:
  • That was fucking amazing.
  • Bruce’s new album hints were a little more upfront tonight. “One day we’ll be back here with new stuff.”
  • Some people left during FTGGOG, but most stayed and from what I saw, got into it. One dude in particular in the front was just jumping up and down and it was lit. Love that fucking song and it works so well live.
  • Bruce called the sound of the show like a bad cement mixer and I agree and I love it. Also thank god for ear plugs because otherwise I’d be fucked.
  • My dad and I went with his cousin and her son, another cousin, and then another cousin’s daughter. The family is all really close up here and those four decided to tag along. They had different seats than us but they loved it and were quite amazed at how good the band was. My dad wasn’t best pleased at how we had really good seats, but then everyone decided to stand up. Oops.
  • Janick can do whatever the fuck he likes. His energy was just awesome. Bruce didn’t jump or anything crazy but Jan and Steve more than made up for it.
  • Bruce was noticeably straining throughout the concert, some moments better than others. He seemed to have lost it on the higher notes of Icarus. Not that it really matters because goddamn it was amazing. Maybe not for an album but just in the flesh, goddamn.
  • On WED: “If you wanna know what happens, watch the movie!”
  • My heart was beating so hard during the first three or so songs I thought I’d die.
  • The Raven Age frontman addressed us as Bristow and Bruce called us Washington. Where the fuck were we anyway?
  • On the subject of The Raven Age, they weren’t bad at all. I’ll probably check them out and see if I like em or not. They looked like a bunch of kids having fun and that translated well over to me.
  • In short, this was fucking amazing, the setlist is perfect, and Iron Maiden is the best band in the world.
Rating: 110%

So anyone knows what's up with Bruce's voice? He was amazing during the first leg - I was on all Maiden shows in Poland since the reunion and this one was the best one. However, now many fans are reporting that Bruce has problems with singing the setlist.

From what I've seen and heard he is finding it really hard to hit a lot of notes, I know it's only 4 shows in but each one is sounding a bit rough, a lot of people have said he is suffering with a cold but you can see in his expressions he is not comfortable, I wonder if Maiden will eventually change the key in order to preserve his voice, not going to be doable without rehearsing it first though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back