LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Usually for NA tours they announce in Nov and the tour starts in Feb. This time it's July....too far off for alot of folks is my guess, too. Even I don't have tix yet. Will wait till closer to the show.
I've checked results of sales lately and must say - there's no big progression at all, so same I could say about Ozzy's farewell tour sales in the NA... no impressive changes. I'm going to wait a bit, maybe in March I check it again... Hope for some progress :)

I really want Maiden to play one extra song in Rock in Rio next year (as tribute to RIR 2001), and ATG will be the ultimate and perfect surprise... :p

But they did not do that for RIR 2013, but the current tour is so special with this incredible stage set and the setlist (The Clansman and SOTC again in RIR), so I will keep dreaming....
I predict that on the final show of the tour, Maiden will have an extra encore to perform a special song, with orchestra - Empire of the Clouds. One time only for posterity!
MaidenFans fanfiction - love it.

As far as tickets go, I am definitely going to Chicago. Haven't bought tickets yet because concert is late August. Plenty of tickets available so no need to buy now. Will probably buy mine in March. Saw Maiden twice on BOS tour and prices are definitely higher for the LOTB tour.

More Maiden-fanfiction!!!

Not really tour-related, but anyway... In addition to all the wishful thinking around, I think a perfect cash-grab with relatively good colleting value would have been to release a LOTB soundtrack CD to be sold at the merch stands. An album that actually does what they promised about the game soundtrack when the game was first announced: a soundtrack with previously unreleased live versions of Maiden songs. Oh well, some of these have actually been released before and there's two studio recordings too, but anyway, I think would have made a cool little treat with rare versions of songs from the game and quite many of them were played in LOTB set too:

The Legacy of the Beast - The Official Soundtrack Album
1. Aces High '99 (live version from "Out of the Silent Planet" single)
2. Wrathchild '99 (studio version)
3. Where Eagles Dare (live version from 2005)
4. These Colours Don't Run (live version from 2010)
5. Children of the Damned (live version from Brixton 2002/CliveAid)
6. The Clairvoyant (live version from 2013)
7. For the Greater Good of God (live version from 2006)
8. Powerslave '99 (live version from "The Wicker Man" single)
9. Brave New World (live version from 2010)
10.The Wicker Man (U.S Radio edit or whatever that thing with additional backing vocals was)

Apologies to everyone for feeding these fires of awkward fanfiction.

Last edited:
At first, my friends, I'm the REAL fan, I'm not trolling here for just a foolish joke or so. I feel confused, surprised and deeply afraid of Maiden future. People who suggested North American Tour'll be the a flop seem to be right:facepalm:. In many cities they limited availability ( half or so). Some official forum users state management is hardly disappointed by poor reaction of the fans. But, my dear friends - In my humble opinion since a longer period of time, all the activities of management of Maiden and the musician too, make the impression being far from professional. They're more into the rubbish side project and promotion of "diaries or inner writtings" than caring for the band's career. Even statistics published officialy are incomplete - as I've noticed and mentioned in dedicated thread here... Everything's made with half -term effect standards, with cheap budgetary-wise. If they're tired with show - business ar playing live, they should decide to make it over for good. In this case they should announce farewell tour after current one. It's sad but Maiden glory times after reunion in 1999 just seems to be over. Facts are merciless.

I was invited by a friend to see Maiden in Virginia in 2019 on the LotB tour, so I will go. I wasn't planning to, for a couple of reasons - 1) I find the current Eddie offensive; and 2) I don't want more history/legacy tours; I want new music.

I don't think Maiden is "over", like RLonger seems to think. I do think, though, that they need to get on with making and touring new music. There's not much time left. Wasting 2 years on a legacy tour at this point is too indulgent.

I don't think Maiden is "over", like RLonger seems to think. I do think, though, that they need to get on with making and touring new music. There's not much time left. Wasting 2 years on a legacy tour at this point is too indulgent.
Normally I might agree, but having seen the LotB show and like probably many others had my first live Maiden experience, I can't possibly characterize the tour as being indulgent. These are the songs the band will be remembered for, their legacy. Why shouldn't they give the people what they want, an amazing setlist and an amazing live show for one last time before it's too late?

I was invited by a friend to see Maiden in Virginia in 2019 on the LotB tour, so I will go. I wasn't planning to, for a couple of reasons - 1) I find the current Eddie offensive; and 2) I don't want more history/legacy tours; I want new music.

This is why Maiden will never do a tour that caters to hardcore fans. Complain all you want, they're getting your ticket money either way.

Don't get me wrong, the new tour sounds great and I'm excited to see it. I'm referring to the people who are constantly complaining about the setlist/cabaret but still go to the concert.

"Offensive" - find it as 'satanic' or so... Just the entertainment, nothing more my friend. Even most of the so called "black metal hords" I tract as the theatrical horror approach for the eyes hungry for with some drama acting (meaning the performance, not real in deed).

Some official forum users state management is hardly disappointed by poor reaction of the fans.

This means absolutely nothing. The only difference between this forum (or any unofficial forum for that matter) and the Fanclub forum is that people pay money to use it. I know, because I'm one of them. Just because people say things like "Rod probably doesn't care that [insert date/town] show is selling slowly" doesn't mean they're any more in the know than any of us.

The reality is that they announced this tour much further in advance than usual, and 2019 happens to be a big year for summer metal tours in the states. The market is saturated right now.

Obviously, you've got the right. Maybe the announcement came way too early, just after Ozzy's and KISS farewell dates. Even Judas Priest plays music theatres and some arenas at the same time.

I'm not feeling well. This is probably going to come off as snippy.

Everything's going to be fine. There will be lots of people at the shows. Let's move the fuck on.

Eddie's not Satanic. If you want to think that, that's fine. Don't be surprised if people poke fun, but really, we've all poked our fun. Let's move the fuck on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back