LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nepotism aside, they have no right to be on this sort of tour. They have not earned the right to open an arena show.

I wonder what it would be like if Iced Earth opened for Maiden.

At this point I honestly wonder if they reach out to other bands that turn them down.

Don't care one iota about the openers, but this is a downgrade from Ghost a few years ago who were surprisingly not atrocious.

I wonder what it would be like if Iced Earth opened for Maiden.
If any good band opened for Maiden...

I enjoyed Killswitch Engage a lot this year, although they were definitely an odd choice. At least they've earned the right to be there though.

At this point I honestly wonder if they reach out to other bands that turn them down.

They don't. Honestly, I'd be willing to bet the majority of these decisions are via Rod, because they can probably get Raven Age for 1/2 or even 1/3 the cost of a real band.

Raven age might be giving them a good rate with being related to Mr. Harris....

On a side note, Harris claims the fans want to hear "Fear of the Dark", Run to the Hills"?

What fans? ugh...….

They don't. Honestly, I'd be willing to bet the majority of these decisions are via Rod, because they can probably get Raven Age for 1/2 or even 1/3 the cost of a real band.
I mean it makes sense really I guess. Why pay an opener more money than necessary when a large part of your audience is going to snap up tickets and spend $$ regardless of who the openers are?

I get seats these days anyway, skip the openers every time.

On a side note, Harris claims the fans want to hear "Fear of the Dark", Run to the Hills"?

What fans? ugh...….
A lot of fans ffs. The only thing more annoying than people going on about Alexander the Great are people who don't understand that a lot of people want to hear and enjoy songs like Fear of the Dark, Run to the Hills and The Trooper. You don't see Metallica dropping Master of Puppets and Enter Sandman do you?

On the bright side it should mean that tickets are cheaper?
More likely more money towards paying off Bazza and his lawsuits.

What fans? ugh...….
The fans that go mad every time those songs are played. I'll happily see 'Run to the Hills' again and again, not 'Fear of the Dark' though.

What fans? ugh...….

The fans that cheer and sing along loudly every time these songs are played. They seemed to be well in their ten thousands each time I witnessed it.

The fans that cheer and sing along loudly every time these songs are played. They seemed to be well in their ten thousands each time I witnessed it.

FOTD consistently the biggest crowd reaction at every gig I've ever seen.

Until that stops happening I can't imagine Maiden considering dropping it.

A lot of fans ffs. The only thing more annoying than people going on about Alexander the Great are people who don't understand that a lot of people want to hear and enjoy songs like Fear of the Dark, Run to the Hills and The Trooper. You don't see Metallica dropping Master of Puppets and Enter Sandman do you?

I'm just saddened that some songs they can't seem to drop for a change. I've been on nearly every tour starting with Brave New World..... I'm just tired of them when I know there ARE better songs they could play. I HATE Metallica and think they are garbage so it doesn't bother me what they play lol

I was under the impression that every show on the European tour had a mass fan exodus after Flight of Icarus.

Bah. Announcing most of the setlist means even less to talk about here. :p
Yep- if we include songs hinted at on the countdown artwork, I think pretty much everything from the 2018 set is covered. Who knows though- maybe they’ll get to rehearsals and swap Revelations for Holy Smoke after all! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back