Lady Gaga: "Nicko is a Sexy Beast!"

Suicidehummer said:
While we're off topic, am I the only one who sees absolutely NOTHING special about Michael Jackson's music?

I don't know what do you mean by special, but the fact is - there's noone like MJ. He is unique, huge talent in his own genre, no matter if I/you like his music or not.

mtmccox said:
I don't know what do you mean by special, but the fact is - there's noone like MJ. He is unique, huge talent in his own genre, no matter if I/you like his music or not.

That's what I mean. I don't see the huge talent everybody raves about, all I hear is regular pop songs sung by a pretty bland singer.

You need to pay more attention then, he had great talent, he was a great singer and he was even a great musician. Not to mention how great a dancer he was.

Beat It is a great song.

Other than that, I've only heard about 3 of his songs, and they sucked.

That's what I heard. I guess that's what being a roadie means these days.

Suicidehummer said:
While we're off topic, am I the only one who sees absolutely NOTHING special about Michael Jackson's music?

Yes.

Billie Jean is the most perfectly constructed and produced pop song ever. Anyone who can't dig Billie Jean has absolutely no soul.

My first MJ song! On the Simpsons. Classic episode.

Mega said:
Beat It is a great song.

Check out Dirty Diana with Steve Stevens unleashing some very tasty guitar work. I'm not a huge MJ fan, but there have been some moments of greatness...

Mega said:
Beat It is a great song.

You've only heard about 3 MJ songs..? Have you been living under a rock all your life?  :eek:

I love 80s Pop, New Wave, Grunge, Electronica, Dance, Classic Rock, Punk Rock, Hardcore Punk, Thrash Metal etc etc..  Variety is the spice of life :lol:

My general rule of thumb is: If the song is good and the artist talented, I'm more than happy to enjoy it. I'm not into mass produced, lack of effort pop music though. Run of the mill kinda rubbish.

Mega said:
But today everything about pop music is fake: the voices are fake, the singing is fake, the instruments are digital, everything is digitized and there's no soul to anything.

Just imagine what the Beatles could have done with today's technology....

I know! And it sounded like they were close to reuniting when Lennon was shot :(

brucegaga.jpg

:huh:

Has anyone seen Lady Gaga's set from Radio 1's 'One Big Weekend' on Sunday? I'm convinced that at least two of her dancers are wearing Iron Maiden t-shirts.

Back