Killers - The Single

desultory

1-2-3-compassion
The track Killers was intended as the first single from the album Killers. Found this a while back and this is new information for me.

This is the first I have heard of this, plus as seen on the pictures the artwork was Eddie with a cigarette in mouth.

Also see Steve’s message on the poster.

If this belongs in Killers discussion feel free to move it.

Attachments

• ED188E58-B099-4A74-B890-EC4137340947.jpeg
    ED188E58-B099-4A74-B890-EC4137340947.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
  • 442E47F1-B607-423E-AF31-40DF041DDE73.jpeg
    442E47F1-B607-423E-AF31-40DF041DDE73.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
  • B8C0BDC2-5E08-4A40-9F9A-EA8E36B9505C.jpeg
    B8C0BDC2-5E08-4A40-9F9A-EA8E36B9505C.jpeg
    495.2 KB · Views: 64
  • A2AE88FB-9C34-48EE-A1B8-6DAC901BE548.jpeg
    A2AE88FB-9C34-48EE-A1B8-6DAC901BE548.jpeg
    846.6 KB · Views: 68
I think it doesn't necessarily mean Killers was the single, as the album was already out since Feb 2nd, it could just mean a single from the album Killers was to be released on March 2nd.

Well you may be right and you may not be.

This poster does say “new single Killers” and the Harris remark is curious as well.
The place I saw it said it was pulled due to the Yorkshire ripper trial and Twilight Zone/Wrathchild was released instead.
In the end I merely posted it for sake of its curiosity.

Hmmmm the font "New Single" seems strange and out of place. Maybe it was printed over the poster just to make it even more rare?

The cigarette does seems genuine though....

Well you may be right and you may not be.

This poster does say “new single Killers” and the Harris remark is curious as well.
The place I saw it said it was pulled due to the Yorkshire ripper trial and Twilight Zone/Wrathchild was released instead.
In the end I merely posted it for sake of its curiosity.
Very, very interesting. Did you saw it on a post or did you see it in person? Also, what does the paper in the upper part says? Do you know? It looks like the merch sheet that came with the Piece Of Mind album

Interesting find! To be fair, releasing Killers as a single would have made more sense than Twilight Zone (B-side material at best).

Looking more into this it seems that even the Steve Harris signature is fake so I'm more and more inclined to thinking this whole thing is a huge fake

Looking more into this it seems that even the Steve Harris signature is fake so I'm more and more inclined to thinking this whole thing is a huge fake

I didn't want to say it earlier but definitely the handwriting in the steve harris comments looks absolutely nothing like steves very neat handwriting as seen on the soundhouse tapes (that's steve's handwriting on the band members names and the paragraph underneath Prowler)

sh-original-front.jpg

Perhaps, someone (not Maiden) went through a lot of effort and tried to sell the song as a single in some shop. A bootleg single.
HMV, Virgin and such are large stores so that would not have worked there. But it might have in some smaller shop with that poster behind the display window. It would've been a weird action and pretty risky as well. :)

Ok, I have consulted with a group of hardcore collectors plus Keith Wilford himself about this poster and each one of them has confirmed what I thought. This poster is complete and utterly RUBBISH and 100% fake. Lots of thing give it away, for example the amount of different fonts used in it, the info that it states is complete false and even the signatures and had written messages are FALSE.

I truly hope that NO ONE buys this poster. The group of fans I contacted mentioned that the scammer with this poster has been trying to sell it for years and is basically a ROBBER

Very, very interesting. Did you saw it on a post or did you see it in person? Also, what does the paper in the upper part says? Do you know? It looks like the merch sheet that came with the Piece Of Mind album
Sold on eBay for quite an amount of money I am sad to say.

Back