Kill 'Em All Vs. Painkiller

Which album do you like the most?

• Total voters

Siddharth

Long Distance Trooper
Both Judas Priest and Metallica are among my favourite bands of all time. While Priest's Painkiller has been a top 5 album for me, for a long time. I find it difficult to pick one favourite out of the first four Metallica albums, they all are just simply amazing and are one of the strongest album runs during the 80s (even going toe-to-toe against Maiden). While with the later albums, Metallica's songwriting has matured and got much better, I feel Kill 'Em All will be closest in comparison to Painkiller in their overall approach. On one side, a ground-breaking debut album and on the other hand, metal veterans re-discovering themselves with a very strong record. You decide!

I've voted for Painkiller (which is one of my favourite albums of all time), but I am largely ambivalent towards Metallica anyway, so I don't think I have any meaningful comparisons to draw between the two.

Kill ‘Em All is a rough sketch of what would make Metallica great on their next two albums, but it’s not all that great on its own. Hetfield often sounds terrible on it, and while it certainly has its high points, it has a bunch of weaker stuff too. Meanwhile, Painkiller is top tier Priest. No contest.

I voted Kill ‘em all. Alot more replay value, and also more "home" for me. Timeless songs, classic riffs, hungry band at their start. I probably listen to the album around 10 times a year.

Painkiller is good, I like their faster and heavier style. But thin production. I listen to it every other year or so

Back