Keeper of the Seven Keys III ?

The Saint

Powerslave
Staff member
I've heard that Helloween was preparing a June release for 'Keeper of the Seven Keys III'...

Does someone knows more about this ?

Cheers

well if you go to their website [a href=\'http://www.helloween.org\' target=\'_blank\']helloween.org[/a] the latest interview with Michael Witkath pretty much says that they are still writing material and that "Keeper III" is not a set title. If the material turns out to be "Keeper" material they'll keep the name and write a long-ass song like in the other two Keeper albums. If not, they won't run with it. Personally I hope they do write "keeper" like stuff since of course it is my favorite.

Thanks for the info.

The worse would be that they write some material (even a very long epic) not up to the standards of Keeper I and II.

I hope that they still will pull it off, but sadly I'm not sure they really can.

Cheers

I've been thinking the same thing. I just got their time of the oath cd and the Uli, Michael, Andi, Roland, Mark lineup was a very good line-up. Better Than Raw is their best (IMO) since keeper II. But now the only original members are Michael and Mark (Grosskopf), I did not like the Rabbit album at all and I am not too excited over "keeper III"

Agree.... Better Than Raw did have a good lineup. I'd like to see what they can do with a part III since Weikath is still there. I still haven't heard the Rabbit one though.... with which previous CD would you rightly compare it to?

[!--QuoteBegin-The Saint+Mar 18 2005, 01:08 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Saint @ Mar 18 2005, 01:08 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Thanks for the info.

The worse would be that they write some material (even a very long epic) not up to the standards of Keeper I and II.

I hope that they still will pull it off, but sadly I'm not sure they really can.

Cheers
[snapback]100119[/snapback]​
[/quote]

yeah im feeling the same way too; i wish they still had their classic lineup from the days of keeper I and II w/ michael kiske...he was a better singer than andi (although andi is still a pretty good singer IMO). if they do make a keeper III tho, i hope the long epic song will be up to par with 'halloween' and 'keeper of the seven keys'...my 2 favorite helloween songs ever!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well you really can't compare Rabbit to any of their albums, new guitarist, new drumer (s) (mark cross played on two tracks before falling very ill) But I agree their Keeper I and II lineup was the best. However, Roland was a good addition once Kai left and Michael's singing is amazing in keeper II (specially Eagle fly free and kotsk). However, Uli was a better drummer than ingo (playing and he also composed awesome tracks) But if it weren't for Wikie and Grosskopf I wouldn't call the new lineup "helloween".

Back