just thought I'd share...

finally managed to get it to load... thats brilliant, i wish people near me got into halloween

Tron said:
finally managed to get it to load... thats brilliant, i wish people near me got into halloween

Things like that, haunted house decorations etc... fine, nice to see people enjoying themselves and having some sort of party/community thing.... but the trick or treat crap? I wish everyone would STOP being into halloween.

i think its fine for little kids... just gets a bit soiled when you get people putting fireworks through doors (as being on doorsteps is justified on the particular night and fireworks are being sold for bonfire night around the time  :S) or when trick is chosen... thats our local halloween

If kids get a few sweets and adults get into this kinda awesome decoration itd be a crazy night  :edmetal:  as opposed to a dad taking his little girl around dressed as a witch knocking on doors and people barely even remembering it is halloween and certainly not having anything to offer  :lol: which just seems like a very awkward and not a very awesome night.

In Britain id say its an American tradition thats in rapid decline, soon we'll be hollowing out radishes like we used to
Radish Eddie  :bigsmile:

I see nothing wrong in Trick or Treat. Bart Simpson said it best, it is a legal verbal contract, lol.

Well, if people want to dress up etc good for them, not stopping them and glad they enjoy it.. but people seem to see it as a REQUIREMENT to give out sweets. What if I don't WANT to be involved? They do good for them, have fun, I don't... so don't force me to get involved.

Asides from that, I don't mind the lil kids who come round with their parents and have got dressed up and its a "Say thank you!" afterwards type affair early in the evening. But the average that I see here is about 10 15 year olds who've come out with their one little brother who is wearing a plastic mask that costs 50p from the shop, not one of the older ones dressed up. You get a really half assed "trick urr treat" showing that they really don't give a flying f**k and then they all grab sweets, bugger off up the road and then mostly come back later on to egg houses anyway. People see it as an excuse to get sweets AND be idiots.

If that's how they want to treat the night fine, but don't force me to be involved unless I want to. Things like the above, parties and haunted houses etc... great, they're having fun and it's not forcing anyone to be involved who doesn't want to.

:lol: its ok i havent set up my dictatorship over the world yet so you dont have to... yet :lol:

i think its part of havin a mask on that you kinda lose grip on reality slightly.. i can see how sugar may intensify this
my bro always says thanks and as a result gets offered seconds  :lol:

i think i might do some major maiden halloween decorating next year... maybe i could make the place into hell as a NotB tribute for 2012 ...and the approaching apocalypse two months ahead  :(

Back