Just how powerful is Eddie?

I know we have a thread for best Eddie, but this is slightly different. I want to try and get a good idea for just how powerful an entity Eddie is. Strength, speed, endurance, abilities, how hard it is to kill him or cause any kind of lasting damage, what have you.

For those of you who have heard of things like Death Battle or the Vs. Wiki, this is essentially something like that.

Taking things from all available media. Album art, music videos, stage props, videogames, what have you.

Some caveats.

1. The chief assumption is that all depictions of Eddie are one and the same being, just at different points in his life. If one depiction Eddie is capable of something, then we can attribute that to Eddie on the whole.

2. Anything that is obviously just a depiction of Eddie within its own context does not share this assumption. The giant statue from the cover of Powerslave is not Eddie. But the mummy is.

3. Anything we saw, happened. It wasn't a dream or a delusion, Eddie did it. He was actually present at the battle of Balaclava, he was a WWII flying ace, he's been to the far flung future, he's been buried both as a pharaoh and in a modern cemetery, and broke out both times.

For example, in terms of his strength, No Prayer For The Dying shows Eddie as capable of shattering a stone coffin lid with a single blow, as he was able to destroy the lid and grab a passerby by the throat before the latter could even react. Can anyone come up with something to exceed this?

His strength-level seems to fluctuate dramatically, with little rhyme or reason. On one hand, Eddie can beat the shit outa Satan. But on the other, he has horrible skin (highly susceptible to UV rays) & has been lobotomized multiple times.

Well, we know Eddie has survived at least 6000 years, to be a mummy during the height of the Egyptian kingdoms, to surviving to being a punk on the streets of London in the 1980s.

I think Eddie could take on street level characters like Daredevil and Spider-Man, as well as some lower level undead/cosmic entities. So he's kinda like Ghost Rider or Spawn. He wouldn't stand a chance against Thor/Superman/etc.

I think Eddie could take on street level characters like Daredevil and Spider-Man, as well as some lower level undead/cosmic entities. So he's kinda like Ghost Rider or Spawn. He wouldn't stand a chance against Thor/Superman/etc.
I like to think Eddie is more like Deadpool, you can't really hurt the guy. He's been functioning without a brain for chrissakes...

Eddie's more grass roots than the establishment-friendly celebrity superhero. He'd find a way.

He definitely has the endurance of Deadpool.

I, too, am used to think about Eddie as being similar to Deadpool in that he can't beat everyone, but at the same time no one can beat him because he can't die. As for his strength, we know for a fact that he's strong enough to beat Satan. But then again, how strong is Satan? :D

Anyone actually prepared to write The Life and Times of Eddie the Head? It's a massive undertaking to look through every piece of image we've received from them but it would make for an interesting read....

I'd put him a step above Deadpool, since there really doesn't need to be anything left for Eddie to come back. Speed of Light showed a lightning strike he summoned hitting the ground and him emerging, even after Death managed to claim him. Then he beat Satan to death with his own win message, which is pretty much straight out of Deadpools moves in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Well it honestly depends on which Eddie your talking about. Yes, he is the same demon-vampire-zombie-fallenangel person-thing, but he power varies with different incarnations. He seems pretty weak in Powerslave, since although he can apparently survive inside a coffin, he was still somehow overthrown. However it depends on what power we are talking about. In terms of pure physical strength, the mutated alien Eddie on the Final Frontier Album cover and Futureal Eddie, both have enormous bodies and seem immensely strong, and Fear of the Dark Eddie seems like something I would not want to meet in a moonlit swamp. In terms of mystic magical powers, either Seventh Son Eddie, Clairvoyant Eddie, or Virtual 11 Eddie, since the first's prophecy's come true, second can see into the future, and the third can get into your mind through a PlayStation VR headset. In terms of bravery and being able to withstand things that would kill a normal human, definitely Number of the Beast/Run to the Hills Eddie, since he ventures into the underworld to fight what may very well be the literal devil, as well as Book of Souls Eddie since he can rip his blood pumping heart out and use it to become even more powerful, But in terms of sheer utter destructive power, Eddie on the cover of Brave New World as an all encompassing storm and Dance of Death Eddie are very likely capable of killing insane amounts of living beings. But then again, its very hard to beat a laser gun wielding cyborg from the future.

Last edited:
Back