Judas Priest

StrangerInAStrangeLand

Ancient Mariner
I just bought Judas Priest's album Screaming For Vengeance and I was quite disappointed. I heard from many people/places that it was Priest's best album but after I listened to it, I was pretty pissed. The songs were all really short, there was little variation in the songs, the lyrics weren't so great, many of the songs followed the same formula (verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, verse, chorus), and there was actually only a few songs on it that I liked to a certain extent.

So, Maiden fans, my question is do you really think Judas Priest are any good?

Yes.

Sorry you didn't like SfV. I think it's a great album. If you're looking for less formulaic Priest, try some of the older stuff. I recommend Sad Wings Of Destiny.

SFV and painkiller are my faves with Judas Priest...and that said I must admit I never been the biggest fan of them....I mostly got into them when I saw them live in 1981 I think when I went to see Maiden, which were special guest to them....I have several albums, but they were never "gods" to me....But good? Hell yeah.. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I bought there CD of there remasterd stuff. When i listened to it i found there stuff a bit hit and miss. But i liked all the stuff off the painkiller album. There better when they do there fast stuff, ram it down, because he has a good voice when he sings that.

Also would somebody else what a clip of one of there shows to tell me what they think. Not as energetic as maiden i think.

Listen Freewheel burning and ask then!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I actually own Painkiller as well. I bought it at the same time as I bought Screaming but in a different order because it was cheaper somewhere else. Painkiller got here first and I felt that it was a good album and I started to anticipate Screaming getting here. But when I listened to Screaming, I began to think that maybe Priest weren't so great. Maybe Screaminig will just have to grow on me, though. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm probably gonna get killed for saying this, but I believe that Painkiller is the best metal album of all time... its just so intense, Tipton and Downing are awesome on their axes, Halford is screaming like never before, but also shows off the deeper bits of his voice (on Nightcrawler, for example), and Travis is amazing on drums! Ian Hill's a bit of a non-entity on the album, though!

I also recommend their Stained Class, Killing Machine and British Steel albums [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back