Judas Priest

When did Judas Priest reschedule their US Tour? I was not aware of this and I just found out my ticket is still good for the new date. Judas Priest don't have anything announced on their website about this. The venue I'm going to also confirms the new date that ticketmaster has up for sale.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/judas-priest-tickets/artist/807246

edit: It appears I've jumped the gun on this. I just got an email now about the new rescheduled date. An official announcement regarding the US tour should be coming soon.

Last edited:
When did Judas Priest reschedule their US Tour? I was not aware of this and I just found out my ticket is still good for the new date. Judas Priest don't have anything announced on their website about this. The venue I'm going to also confirms the new date that ticketmaster has up for sale.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/judas-priest-tickets/artist/807246

edit: It appears I've jumped the gun on this. I just got an email now about the new rescheduled date. An official announcement regarding the US tour should be coming soon.
Yes, the Atlanta show is now March 25. Really looking forward to it. We’ve got 2nd row seats :shred:

Going back to Judas Priest, some words from K.K.

A bit like his exit from Judas Priest methinks...

"And then you get to a certain age, and things change [laughs] — things change a lot."
That made me laugh.… with the pic of the old man there.
Anyway. Is this deserves to be a heading? Damn!

According to Ripper Owens, Priest turned down tour with Maiden while he was in the band.

According to Ripper Owens, Priest turned down tour with Maiden while he was in the band.

I have a bit of the inside scoop here. I don't have any links, but it was in a rare JP documentary I have somewhere. I'll try to find it when I have time if anyone is interested. Apparently, during the early days, around 82ish, Maiden was offered to play with Priest, to open for them, and Bruce (and probably Harris) wanted to headline instead and had an ego about things. Priest and Halford were like (paraphrasing) 'WTF, we've been around much longer than these kids, and we have a following about 100 times their size (at the time), and we're handing them a golden opportunity here.' Priest were baffled, and tried to nicely talk some sense into them, but Bruce, as Bruce often does, got all egotistical and anal over it, so Priest told them to piss off. I think it was Maiden's manager at the time that talked some sense into them and patched things up, and thus, we have Maiden supporting priest during the famous 82' tour with Clive.

As a side note, the JP guys said they actually hung out and talked with Clive a few times during the tour and really liked him. They also said they talked with Dave who they also liked. They did not have a high opinion of H and Bruce above all, and were kinda on the fence with Harris, not saying much either way. I do know Janick Gers is friends with them as well, I think still today.

But yeah, it was a matter of Bruce's sweltering self-importance, to my knowledge.

So when Ripper joined in the mid 90's, Iron Maiden sent an offer for JP to open for them. Bruce's way of giving them a jab I guess, (its highly suspected) and trying to hold a grudge, since they just lost Halford. and of course, Priest refused. Can't say I blame them.

I have a bit of the inside scoop here. I don't have any links, but it was in a rare JP documentary I have somewhere. I'll try to find it when I have time if anyone is interested. Apparently, during the early days, around 82ish, Maiden was offered to play with Priest, to open for them, and Bruce (and probably Harris) wanted to headline instead and had an ego about things. Priest and Halford were like (paraphrasing) 'WTF, we've been around much longer than these kids, and we have a following about 100 times their size (at the time), and we're handing them a golden opportunity here.' Priest were baffled, and tried to nicely talk some sense into them, but Bruce, as Bruce often does, got all egotistical and anal over it, so Priest told them to piss off. I think it was Maiden's manager at the time that talked some sense into them and patched things up, and thus, we have Maiden supporting priest during the famous 82' tour with Clive.

As a side note, the JP guys said they actually hung out and talked with Clive a few times during the tour and really liked him. They also said they talked with Dave who they also liked. They did not have a high opinion of H and Bruce above all, and were kinda on the fence with Harris, not saying much either way. I do know Janick Gers is friends with them as well, I think still today.

But yeah, it was a matter of Bruce's sweltering self-importance, to my knowledge.

So when Ripper joined in the mid 90's, Iron Maiden sent an offer for JP to open for them. Bruce's way of giving them a jab I guess, (its highly suspected) and trying to hold a grudge, since they just lost Halford. and of course, Priest refused. Can't say I blame them.
That feels petty enough to be true.

Can't see Bruce being involved given he'd already left Maiden before Ripper joined Priest.

Can't see Bruce being involved given he'd already left Maiden before Ripper joined Priest.
That I dont know! I dont follow the Maiden timeline much when Bruce left, so I have no idea who was really responsible in the mid 90s. Just what I heard, and that it happened. But the altercation around 82 is legit (at least, according to JP it is)

Last edited:

I seriously doubt Bruce and Steve would have thought back in 1982 that they could headline the US venues that Priest were playing at. Furthermore, back then Bruce probably had very little influence - if any at all - in Maiden’s business decisions.

One thing that happened on that 1982 tour is that Maiden were nearly kicked out of it. The reason? They were outselling Judas Priest in terms of merchandising…

Back