Judas Priest

Do you think he would beg Ripper to ask him to play on the re-recordings or would it be the other way round? :D
Ripper would go ahead regardless and then KK would post a video on social media saying "I am shocked and stunned that Tim didn't invite me to re-record mine and Glenn's guitar parts. I taught him how to sing and developed his image. He owes his entire mediocre career to me."

It seems that the artist (Claudio Bergamin) who has done the Firepower album cover also had created artworks for the previous album cover, Redeemer of Souls.

I like the second one, can see the creature from the Firepower cover in that one. I wish he'd had another go, I never liked the RoS cover.

I like the second one, can see the creature from the Firepower cover in that one. I wish he'd had another go, I never liked the RoS cover.

Well I think the ROS cover is good (fits the album title/theme perfect), but these sketches(not the finished artwork though) are very good too.

The creature from Firepower is called Titanicus - similarly to The Hellion(SFV) and The Metallian (DOTF). :)

Ripper would go ahead regardless and then KK would post a video on social media saying "I am shocked and stunned that Tim didn't invite me to re-record mine and Glenn's guitar parts. I taught him how to sing and developed his image. He owes his entire mediocre career to me."

It is what it is, as Kenny would say (repeated times).

Given the way Owens' career went, Downing probably would deserve a punch in the face if that were true.

Ripper is a genuinely fantastic vocalist who has somehow always failed to get a break, which is very sad. I’ve seen some live performances from the Jugulator era and he’s far better ones than Bruce and possibly on par with Rob (live). Of course, Bruce has a different singing style which is harder to maintain, but Ripper is still awesome and should have been one of the great frontmen of the ‘90s and 21st century. And yet...

Ripper’s main problem is that he joins bands immediately following the peak of their careers and brings no ideas to the table.

Priest releases Painkiller, then Ripper comes onboard and they release two of the worst albums of their career. Same could be said of his tenure in Iced Earth, even though those Ripper IE albums are better than Ripper Priest.

He might be great at singing Rob’s songs live (sometimes better than Rob), but he brings very little to the table in an original music setting and thus earned a poor reputation.

His voice also has an annoyingly thin quality, especially when he goes into the upper register. He could give Barlow and Rob a run for their money in the middle register but that was it imo.

His voice also has an annoyingly thin quality, especially when he goes into the upper register. He could give Barlow and Rob a run for their money in the middle register but that was it imo.

I think that thin quality is present in his entire range, especially the low register.

I’ve seen some live performances from the Jugulator era and he’s far better ones than Bruce and possibly on par with Rob (live). Of course, Bruce has a different singing style which is harder to maintain...

Ripper is a very good singer, but on par or better live performances than Bruce and Rob - nah.

The vocalist of Primal Fear(great band), Ralf Scheepers is a beast vocalist, his voice is similar to Rob and Ripper and If I'm not mistaken Priest first asked him to join the band after Rob had left, but he rejected and then they hired Tim ''Ripper'' Owens. But I think if he had agreed, maybe Rob would had never return.

Claudio Bergamin, the artist who created the Firepower album cover shared this pic on his Twitter account - look who is on the right side on the wall :D I think this is an Eddie from the recent drawings of him by DR that are on his website (http://www.derekriggs.com/) He must be a fan of Riggs. I think he will done a very good job with Eddie's drawing - Maiden should consider him for their next album cover. (at least, he deserves a chance; great artist!)

Attachments

• Dp0HIqIU8AAao2L.jpg
    Dp0HIqIU8AAao2L.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 16
...and how he was going to do the Epitaph tour after all.

I think this would had been a better end to his career in the band. Epitaph tour with setlist of at least one song from each album is a better farewell than British Steel 30th Anniversary in 2009 (the last two legs from the Nostradamus tour 2008/2009).

Recently, Ian Hill says that there's no reason why Priest can't continue making albums.

Glenn will be in the studio writing songs, but without him on the stage is not the same. Maybe they will replace Andy Sneap after the tour. Or they can bring back K.K. for the next album tour (but with his recent interviews, I doubt). I hope for a great surprises in the second leg of the current tour in 2019 (50 anniversary of the band).

But if they can make a masterpieces like
Firepower, I'm in for more album/s. Take 2 years break again, and create the same fucking great album. It will be a hard task for them to top this album, for sure.

Back