Judas Priest

Wow, production sounds like a throwback to Somewhere in Time days. I am 99% sure that production will be one more nail into coffin of post reunion Maiden production style. :rolleyes:
Is it me, or that guitar playing is very Maidenish?
This makes no sense. There are obviously more polished metal albums out there than reunion Maiden, both from new bands and bands that are around the same age. Maiden are definitely aware of this, clearly do not care, and like their sound better, no matter how many Sneapsound Priest albums are made.

And for a point of personal preference, I honestly think the overly polished sound goes way too far in the other direction. It sounds like computer music with no dynamics or human element.

This makes no sense. There are obviously more polished metal albums out there than reunion Maiden, both from new bands and bands that are around the same age. Maiden are definitely aware of this, clearly do not care, and like their sound better, no matter how many Sneapsound Priest albums are made.

And for a point of personal preference, I honestly think the overly polished sound goes way too far in the other direction. It sounds like computer music with no dynamics or human element.
My point is, we have heard how Kevin Shirley produced Maiden album sounds. Far from stellar, imo. Let's hear it, what Andy Sneap version would be. Certainly not worse. Nothing to loose here, esp. if Steve would sit next to Sneap and would be twiddling the knobs like he does past 30 years. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Jer
My point is, we have heard how Kevin Shirley produced Maiden album sounds. Far from stellar, imo. Let's hear it, what Andy Sneap version would be. Certainly not worse. Nothing to loose here, esp. if Steve would sit next to Sneap and would be twiddling the knobs like he does past 30 years. :D
Yeah, give me tight and polished over loose and warty any day of the week. (And that applies to musical production too!)

Imagine what Somewhere In Time or Seventh Son would have sounded like if they'd gotten the average post-Brave-New-World Shirley/Harris production treatment. No thanks.

Standard Maiden length.

The guitarists had great sounds on Dance of Death, but something is not quite right. It's very loud, if that makes any sense.

I love how AMOLAD sounds. In particular Nicko.
I agree with all.
My first thought was how on earth anyone can want Andy Sneap for Maiden.
I would like it for one album. I really like the powerful sound. I'm also glad they changed it a bit for the new album. That ''space'' vibe is cool. For example, Senjutsu and Stratego would sound so great with such production. I like Kevin Shirley's production (stellar for some imo) and it's more suitable for Maiden and Steve after all.
Painkiller sounds horrible.
Painkiller was never meant to be a song that sounds great live vocal wise. It's a really difficult song for Rob.
There are obviously more polished metal albums out there than reunion Maiden, both from new bands and bands that are around the same age. Maiden are definitely aware of this, clearly do not care, and like their sound better, no matter how many Sneapsound Priest albums are made.

True about your first comment. About the second one, I think the riff idea is like computer music. But the Turbo-esque sounds at the beginning and in the drumming didn't get me excited about the first single. It's not typical for Priest, but I guess they want something different. They always deliver, like Maiden. I expect longer songs this time.

Actually, this snippet (intro) sounds ''progressive'' (like the ''Moonchild'' intro for example), something Richie mentioned about the album.

Last edited:
Kerrang Journalist speaks about upcoming album and he have heard Panic Attack. Intro we heard is from the upcoming single. Production is basically the same as was on Firepower. Panic Attack reminds him in some way of Firepower and Painkiller songs. Relentless and guitar solos. Song's length about 5 minutes.

Kerrang Journalist speaks about upcoming album and he have heard Panic Attack. Intro we heard is from the upcoming single. Production is basically the same as was on Firepower. Panic Attack reminds him in some way of Firepower and Painkiller songs. Relentless and guitar solos. Song's length about 5 minutes.
Sounds promising and great. I like that the song is 5 minutes long and has relentless solos like Painkiller era. I expect classic Priest dual solos. The intro melody will probably be repeated a couple of times. Mix of Firepower and Painkiller is always good.
14 tracks on the deluxe edition it seems
14 songs + 3 bonus songs or 11 songs + 3 bonus songs? I guess the former.

The winged warrior from the booklet would have been perfect to hold the ''invincible shield'' imo. But I guess the band thought it would be similar to the SWOD, AOR and ROS covers. I like it and I am really curious about the song. Love such warriors.

Btw, could Mark Wilkinson be the artist who did it? I think he did Firepower's booklet artworks. Maybe he also did the album cover.

jp, is - ww.jpg

I’m imagining whatever brainstorming session they had coming up with the title was like a Seinfeld scene. Jerry, George, Elaine, Kramer…

Maιden: 3 guitars with a muddy sound that actually sound like 1 1/2 as they play the same thinγ most of the time.

Judas Priest: 2 Guitars ( one guitarist being seriously sick) that sound layered like they are 5 different ones.

Last edited:
Haven’t heard the new song yet, but I’m so very curious how much guitar Tipton is still playing on the records. I feel like we’re just at the point where Faulkner is layering 5 guitars and then Tipton occasionally shows up to track a lead.

Back