Judas Priest Survivor 2012: Beyond The Realms Of Death wins

Vote for your LEAST favorite song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Judas Priest Survivor II: Ram It Down round 1 (Nov 13-14)

Love Zone, Love You To Death, Monsters Of Rock

Love Zone, Love You to Death, Johnny B. Goode

The three worst songs in the catalogue:

Love Zone
Come And Get It
Love You To Death

I truly think Ram it Down is worse than Turbo.

Well, some of the other songs are very very metal up your ass and feature great riffs, solos and vocals, or are very atmospheric. So I am not sure if I'd agree here.

I dunno, I just like more of the Turbo songs. The title track, Locked In, and Out in the Cold are three very good tracks. And Private Property and Parental Guidance are fun rockers. But the only song I really like from Ram it Down is the Title track. Not saying the rest is bad, but they just don't stick as well as the songs on Turbo.

Mosh said:
I dunno, I just like more of the Turbo songs. The title track, Locked In, and Out in the Cold are three very good tracks. And Private Property and Parental Guidance are fun rockers. But the only song I really like from Ram it Down is the Title track. Not saying the rest is bad, but they just don't stick as well as the songs on Turbo.

Which means I like some Ram it Down songs more than you do.

Ram it Down, Hard as Iron, Blood Red Skies and I'm a Rocker are really good imo.

It's difficult. I find the worst songs from Ram it Down worse than the worst from Turbo, but I find the best ones from from Ram it Down better than the best from Turbo.

By the way, I find Hot For Love and especially Reckless(!) better than the last three you mentioned.

Oh I forgot Blood Red Skies! I love that song, but I often forget it's on RiD.

Yea those songs you mentioned are good too, I just prefer Turbo's highlights to Ram It Down's I guess. I rarely (if ever) listen to either album because I don't like either of them.

Forostar said:
It's difficult. I find the worst songs from Ram it Down worse than the worst from Turbo, but I find the best ones from from Ram it Down better than the best from Turbo.
This is where we disagree then.

RiD was my favourite priest album for a long time.

Heavy Metal and Monster of Rock have dropped a bit over the years, but RID, CAGI, HAI, BRS, JBG, IAR are all still tracks I enjoy listening to. I find it hard to decide which I prefer that or turbo.

I definitely prefer RID to Turbo. I like Turbo, but RID has more good songs. In fact, I like all songs in RID. Well, okay, Love Zone and Monsters Of Rock aren't that good.

Riding On The Wind
You've Got Another Thing Comin'
Love Bites

I really like Monsters of Rock as well. Doomy, slow threatening song with an epic instrumental part. Love the heaviness of the beat as well. Heavy Metal Rocks as well.

I'll describe my view on the songs of Ram it Down like this:

Very good / great songs:
Ram it Down
Heavy Metal
Hard as Iron
Blood Red Skies
I'm a Rocker
Monsters of Rock

The subjects of Heavy Metal and I'm a Rocker may be cheesy but those solos are spellbinding. Very rewarding instrumental parts, and the rest of these songs are catchy enough to be liked.

Not bad / OK:
Johnny B. Goode

Pulp:
Love Zone
Come and Get It
Love You to Death

I'm a Rocker may well be cheesy, and the music not overly impressive outside of solo, but I saw it live and it was somewhat of an 'anthem' type thing for me and my uni metal friends  :innocent:

Cool. Never saw it live. I have the DVD from that tour.

(thread derailment ho!)

RiD was my favourite metal album full stop at that point, and I knew every word.. but half the ppl there didn't seem to have a clue what the song was. When rob went "I'm, A..." there was only me/my friend who actually yelled back "ROCKER!!!" ... when I got home and tried to pull up the setlist online to make a playlist for it, I found a few reviews of the gig and people going "Some random song that I've never heard before, no idea what album it was from?". Pfft.

Re: Judas Priest Survivor II: Ram It Down round 2 (Nov 15-16)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

Round 25 results:
Love You To Death, Love Zone and Come And Get It are eliminated.

Still last 3...

Re: Judas Priest Survivor II: Ram It Down round 2 (Nov 15-16)

Hard As Iron
Johnny B. Goode
Monster of Rock

Back