Japanese edition of "The Chemical Wedding"

A

Anonymous

Hi. I recently ordered a "Japanese Edition" of Bruce Dickinson's "The Chemical Wedding" which has a bonus track called "Return Of The King". It arrived today. I have never bought an import CD before. The CD is manufactured and distributed by "Victor Entertainment, Inc., Tokyo". It has catalogue number VICP 60468.

It came in a shrink-wrap (which looks authentic) and has stickers which say "Import" and "Made In Japan". Since this is a gift to someone I know, I cannot open it.

Can someone please tell me if this is an authentic CD or some cheap-ass pirated copy? Thanks.

I never get why there are different releases in different countries, especially if there is different or bonus material on them.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Mar 2 2005, 02:13 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Mar 2 2005, 02:13 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I never get why there are different releases in different countries, especially if there is different or bonus material on them.
[snapback]98918[/snapback]​
[/quote]
You can rent CDs in Japan, so they add bonus tracks to the CDs as an incentive to buy them.
I need to get that album, too [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

stay with the cd and give another gift [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Stormrider2112+Mar 5 2005, 10:47 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Stormrider2112 @ Mar 5 2005, 10:47 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]You can rent CDs in Japan, so they add bonus tracks to the CDs as an incentive to buy them.
I need to get that album, too [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]99221[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Is that true? I heard it was because CDs are more expensive over tehre so its to stop people importing

[!--QuoteBegin-rohangc+Feb 26 2005, 11:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(rohangc @ Feb 26 2005, 11:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Hi. I recently ordered a "Japanese Edition" of Bruce Dickinson's "The Chemical Wedding" which has a bonus track called "Return Of The King". It arrived today. I have never bought an import CD before. The CD is manufactured and distributed by "Victor Entertainment, Inc., Tokyo". It has catalogue number VICP 60468.

It came in a shrink-wrap (which looks authentic) and has stickers which say "Import" and "Made In Japan". Since this is a gift to someone I know, I cannot open it.

Can someone please tell me if this is an authentic CD or some cheap-ass pirated copy? Thanks.
[snapback]98679[/snapback]​
[/quote]

It's authentic... "Return of the King" is a good track.. (Check your Bruce Forum, Ancient Mariner for my post on it)

Back