Janick Gers

[!--QuoteBegin-Djaser+Sep 8 2003, 05:11 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Djaser @ Sep 8 2003, 05:11 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] He's ok. But the problem is that Maiden has one guitarist too much. They don't need Janick but he takes over Adrians place. That's why I want him out and restore Adrians place in the band. [/quote]
Maiden runs absolutely fine with three guitarists. If you really think Janick is just a replacement for Adrian and now tha Adrian is back, he should be fired. Then you must really love to have Adrian fired and have Stratton Back. The same goes for Bruce and DiAnno ofcourse.

[!--QuoteBegin-Frenzy+Sep 9 2003, 09:07 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Frenzy @ Sep 9 2003, 09:07 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Maiden runs absolutely fine with three guitarists. If you really think Janick is just a replacement for Adrian and now tha Adrian is back, he should be fired. Then you must really love to have Adrian fired and have Stratton Back. The same goes for Bruce and DiAnno ofcourse. [/quote]
I think that Adrian and Janick both have very clearly defined places in Maiden...both are excellent guitarists, I mean we're not talking like one of them is amazing and the other is a three year old with a plastic toy guitar.

However, now that H is back in the band he should play his solos. Janick has been in the band long enough to have enough of his own.

But it is cool when Janick harmonies with H or Dave for some of the older material (The Trooper from RiR!)

[!--QuoteBegin-Matt Gillett+Sep 10 2003, 07:16 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Matt Gillett @ Sep 10 2003, 07:16 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I'm sorry, but Janick has to go. He is a GREAT MUSICIAN. [/quote]
I think he doesnt...
Maiden runs very well with three guitars. Is the best band with three.
Afterall, as Frenzy said, he is not a replacement. He is Janick Hers and he is as IM member as the others. Adrian and Dave are excellent too.

Come on sandman, you know it's true. He is a great musician, you are just to much of a fan not to realise.

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I am an idiot with nothing better to do than try and wind people up with ridiculous posts, I should get a life

[!--QuoteBegin-Frenzy+Sep 9 2003, 09:07 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Frenzy @ Sep 9 2003, 09:07 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Maiden runs absolutely fine with three guitarists. If you really think Janick is just a replacement for Adrian and now tha Adrian is back, he should be fired. Then you must really love to have Adrian fired and have Stratton Back. The same goes for Bruce and DiAnno ofcourse. [/quote]
With the little difference that all of them weren't important for Maiden they ruined the band. Adrian on the other side was after Steve the most important song writer and he wanted an second 'Seventh Son' album. Ste disagreed and kicked him out. And see what we got: 'No Prayer'not a bad album but we were close to one of the best Maiden albums. Adrian is only back because without him Bruce didn't want to come back. And now he's back he's still more important that Gers, even more than Harris. And still they place him behind all other members, in the corners. It highly annoys me.

[!--QuoteBegin-Guest+Sep 11 2003, 04:51 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 11 2003, 04:51 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] With the little difference that all of them weren't important for Maiden they ruined the band. Adrian on the other side was after Steve the most important song writer and he wanted an second 'Seventh Son' album. Ste disagreed and kicked him out. And see what we got: 'No Prayer'not a bad album but we were close to one of the best Maiden albums. Adrian is only back because without him Bruce didn't want to come back. And now he's back he's still more important that Gers, even more than Harris. And still they place him behind all other members, in the corners. It highly annoys me. [/quote]
Dude.... Adrian is important, a very impotant piece of Iron Maidens song writing, but no way he is more important than Steve...

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]And remember: If it hadn't worked with 3 guitarists, Janick would have been the one who stayed! (Steve said this, so it have to be true). [/quote]

I am not saying I don't believe you, Steve me well have said that, but I just don't agree with that. Sometimes, I think to myself that Steve is the ispiriational leader of Maiden and stuff, but musically, and by way of Guitarists, I think Dave is the most important member of Maiden. Even if he does look like he is having an orgasm when he does his solos. I suppose that is more entertaining than faffing about like a speed addict.

As for Janick, I used to think he was an original member. I first liked Iron Maiden in 1991. (I was 4, gosh!). When I read all about Adrian and stuff, I didn't know who was realy the best. Even now, I think that neither of them are as good as Dave, but neither of them are more important than eachother. As for his solos? Well I happen to think that he should leave them to Adrian and Dave too.

He should leave Maiden and join Busted. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The best solos of DOD are the ones of Dave Murray. Janick is a great composer, he's great in the concerts and he is a great guy. He has made great solos in No prayer for the diying, Holy smoke, Mother russia, From here to eternity, Fear is the key, Fear of the dark, The aftermath, Lord of the flies, The unbeliever...
But maybe his better solos aren' t in DOD.

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Sep 4 2003, 04:15 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Sep 4 2003, 04:15 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Janick is good but uses far too many fast simple guitar techniques and his solos don't have a lot of feeling.  Just twiddling hammer ons and pull offs and lots of shredding.  Nothing special.  But he's very good at rhythm guitar and adds an extra dimension to the stage shows and songs.  Just leave the solos to Davey and Adrey.[/quote]
He'd wish he could really shred!

[!--QuoteBegin-Eddie-the-Killer+Sep 11 2003, 06:47 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Eddie-the-Killer @ Sep 11 2003, 06:47 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Dude.... Adrian is important, a very impotant piece of Iron Maidens song writing, but no way he is more important than Steve... [/quote]
I don't say it's a good thing, but that's the way I see it.
Steve only cowrote songs since BNW with only two exeptions, and Adrian....
He wrote the three most important DoD credits: Wildest Dreams, Journeyman, Pachendale. But still you have to look good to find him on the bandphotos

Back on topic, nobody can just say "Janick sucks, and shouldn't be in Maiden".

Nobody can say that because it would be a lie!!
Janick is a great guitarist. Period.

As for H not being in the photos...it's hard to find him in ANY of them, from any era (or band for that matter)...he's not like that.

Janick deserves to stay.Granted his style is somewhat erratic, he still is a fantastic guitarist. His solo's have improved tenfold since he joined, he writes some relly cool stuff and the 3 guitar sound is the best guitar sound coming out of any band on the planet.

To the wanker that said he is a great musician- fuck off- i hope you drown in a pool of liquid shit you dumb fuck.
I'd bet my life savings you woulnt have the balls to to say it to his face!
Show some respect you braindead piece of dog shit [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back