Recently I remembered some nice things I wrote about Janick in another thread - thought I might drop this here as well.

You know, as the go-to Janick fan, I feel entitled to say that I probably like The Time Machine the least* of his contributions to the last eight albums (yes, that is since TXF), with the possible exception of Gates of Tomorrow.

And it is still a rather solid song. Even if we were talking only about composing, that bloke has been giving his best to Maiden for the past 30 years.

Out of those 8 albums I mentioned, he wrote or co-wrote my favourite song on 6 of those (okay, I'm not 100 % sure about The Talisman anymore, but then again, he had the favourite song and the second one on BNW, so it probably evens out)

(he'd almost have TXF as well, if 'Arry didn't bring out his best game - and while competing with 'Arry on Senjutsu seems even more futile, I'm still giving an honorable mention to Stratego).

*Ah, don't listen to me, I'm just mostly disappointed that the chorus didn't go

A time machine
In a time machine
A time machine
In a time machine

In a time machine
A time machine
In a time machine
A time machine

I don't share the appreciation for Gates of Tomorrow, but I agree that he wrote some pretty solid ones. Also those are usually my favorite songs as well.

I don't share the appreciation for Gates of Tomorrow, but I agree that he wrote some pretty solid ones. Also those are usually my favorite songs as well.

Sorry I put it in a confusing manner, I wrote that I like The Time Machine the least of them all, with the possible exception of GoT, meaning that I like GoT probably even less than TTM.

Back