Is there a good quality bootleg from The Beast on the Road tour

srfc

Ancient Mariner
Obviously, there's the excellent Beast over Hammersmith official release from the beast on the road tour, but are there any good soundboard boots of a complete gig from anywhere else on the tour?

Thanks for that, I had a version of that show already which wasn't great but I was able to find a far superior version online

Obviously, there's the excellent Beast over Hammersmith official release from the beast on the road tour, but are there any good soundboard boots of a complete gig from anywhere else on the tour?

I have rated all my bootlegs (while writing the book), in a couple of days (or maybe tomorrow) I'll tell you which ones a I consider the best ones mate

My essentials:
The Beast on the Road 1982 - some really amazing bootlegs from Bruce's first tour.

1982-03-09 Oxford - the Smilers master version is just the very best from this tour. Almost as good as a soundboard recording.
1982-03-24 Paris - there's an FM version around, really the one to go for.
1982-06-29 New York
1982-08-26 Poole - I have two bersions of this, the one with 5 songs is great. The other is a bit distant.
1982-11-27 Tokyo - as Forostar said probably one of the last times I've Got The Fire was played. Good sound quality to boot.

Look for more here:

This is what I recommend

1982.03.04 - Apollo Theatre, Manchester, England
1982.05.15 - Wings Stadium, Kalamazoo, USA
1982.07.31 - Prairie Convention Center, Springfield, USA
1982.08.28 - Reading Festival, Reading, England (Prisoners Live At Reading)
1982.10.02 - Madison Square Garden, USA

I rate all my bootlegs from 1 to 5. All of the above are 3 & Half for me

1982 07-17, Anaheim CA. I have a radio broadcast of it, sadly its not the complete concert but it's still good quality. I'd rate it 8.5/10. I haven't found it posted anywhere online so if you would like me to upload it, let me know! :D

I'm happy enough now with the New York and Tokyo shows as I have a good few other boots from the tour. However, I suggest uploading it anyway, as if it's rare then surely someone will be looking for it.

Back