Is Maiden really metal?

There is a lot of Viking Metal around, it just tends to get classified as Battle Metal.
For instance, Viking Skull, Pegazus and even some Judas Priest fall under Viking Metal.

[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+Jun 27 2005, 04:30 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Jun 27 2005, 04:30 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]There is a lot of Viking Metal around, it just tends to get classified as Battle Metal.
For instance, Viking Skull, Pegazus and even some Judas Priest fall under Viking Metal.
[snapback]110135[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Aye, strange tho soo many catagories under metal! ARGHH tis confusing [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[a href=\'http://www.hprecords.dk/e107_plugins/custompages/klaun3.php\' target=\'_blank\']Circus Metal[/a] [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

That is cheesy! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I do consider myself a metal purist and there is only so far I'll go with the "sub-genres" There is the "Parent" genre "Heavy Metal" with the subgenre of Melodic Metal I classify, Thrash, Speed and of course Melodic bands like Sonata Arctica and Helloween. Then there is Death Metal where I lump together anybody who roars and growls wether it is raspy or guteral (sp? from the throat anywho) I try not to but sometimes allow Prog Metal and Symphonic Metal and then give up and call the rest unclassifiable hehe (blues metal farmer metal or all the other crap... rap metal is not metal.. sorry, not for me anywho).

[!--QuoteBegin-syl+Jun 27 2005, 08:41 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(syl @ Jun 27 2005, 08:41 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Troll metal. Yes, it does exist.
[snapback]110205[/snapback]​
[/quote]
What is that, metal by people who cruise message boards, looking for a scrap?

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jun 27 2005, 01:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jun 27 2005, 01:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]...Celtic Metal, Love Metal, Symphonic Metal, Atmospheric Symphonic Death Metal, Funeral Doom Metal, True Metal, Brutal Death Metal, Shred Metal...

(The more I read the word "Metal", the more stupid it looks to me)
[snapback]110110[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Dont forget Washing machine metal....As Ozzy once said.
The cleanest metal of all.

Yeah but PH, you do like HIM [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Maiden are metal. Metallica are thrash.

Back