Is LotB set

That's why I mentioned the rank was about TOUR SETLISTS (thus naming the venues/shows when relevant) and not AVERAGE TOUR SETLISTS (geeezzzz)

I know, I know. It is that you just happen to have highlighted a couple of incredibly rare setlists, that's all. :D

Which setlist would you suggest is correct?

This is the setlist of the gig I went to:

Earlier (up until the New York shows) they played an additional song (Stranger in a Strange Land), that was dropped when Adrian had to fly back to the UK to attend his father's funeral and not reinstated when he came back:

This is the setlist of the gig I went to:

That's the one I used.

Earlier (up until the New York shows) they played an additional song (Stranger in a Strange Land), that was dropped when Adrian had to fly back to the UK to attend his father's funeral and not reinstated when he came back:

Stranger in a Strange Land doesn't change the score at all. It comes in as a 8.71 which over 18 songs isn't enough to affect the average at 2 significant digits.

no I meant 2 extra compared to more recent tours that only have 16 tracks, i.e. dividing by 18 for the average rather than dividing by 16.
Most of those tours have additional dead weight, like Running Free or Sanctuary, that pull the average down.

no I meant 2 extra compared to more recent tours that only have 16 tracks, i.e. dividing by 18 for the average rather than dividing by 16.

If a setlist has 18 songs and all have high scores the average would be better than for a setlist with 16 songs with a couple of songs that do not have high scores.

Most of those tours have additional dead weight, like Running Free or Sanctuary, that pull the average down.

And that is a problem not suffered by the Ed Hunter tour setlist.

And that is a problem not suffered by the Ed Hunter tour setlist.
Which is why it is the 3rd highest ranked tour. Other than Iron Maiden, the lower ranked songs are Futureal (7.92), Run to the Hills (8.00), and Man on the Edge (8.01).

I would never understand how this monster of a metal classic can get such a low score.
Mainly due to overplaying. But I concurr it's a bit unfair: short song, extremely addictive and great composition. Not one of my favorites but if I had to pick between RTTH and other songs monstruously overplayed like Fear Of The Dark, 2 Minutes To Midnight or Hallowed Be Thy Name I think I would go with the previous. IMO, RTTH is way mor weell crafted when it comes to composition compared with FOTD (the most overrated Maiden song ever), IMO is way better than than 2MTM and, although being slightly behind HBTN regarding overall quality is way shorter so it doesn't suffer that much from overplaying syndrome. As far as I'm concerned there are a handfull of classics that should be played every single show: Iron Maiden*, The Number Of The Beast, The Trooper, Aces High and Wasted Years. I know that Iron Maiden is quite vulgar when compared to any song mentioned above, but has a special status: Eddie appearence and closing of the first act and all that stuff. All the others are all classic, short yet anthemic songs that I think should feature any Maiden show (unless it's a special tour like in AMOLAD or Eddie Rips The World). Then any good song from Killers and Seventh Son (there's plenty)

Now while making a "Legacy!" tour IMO those songs must be played (I think I've already posted this on the list's thread but IMO a more fitting LOTB tour playlist would be something like):
  1. Aces High
  2. Wrathchild
  3. Can I Play With Madness
  4. Revelations
  5. For The Greater Good Of God
  6. The Trooper
  7. Phantom Of The Opera
  8. Sign Of The Cross
  9. The Wicker Man
  10. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
  11. Powerslave
  12. The Number Of The Beast
  13. Fear Of The Dark
  14. Iron Maiden
-----------------------------------------
  1. Halowed Be Thy Name
  2. Wasted Years
  3. Run To The Hills
Perhaps adding Bring Your Daughter since it was their only #1 single or Running Free because of the TOTPs thing but imo that's expendable.
Bear In mindTHIS IS NOT WHAT MY ALL TIME FAVORITE MAIDEN SETLIST WOULD LOOJK LIKE! It's a mere pick regarding overhall popularity, importance in the band's evolution, the portrait of a certain period of their career and classic status (requisites I tend to attach to the word "Legacy").
That being said it's not that different from the one they picked but songs like Rime, Phantom, Powerslave or Wasted Years are craved deeply within Iron Maiden's career.

Last edited:
Ed Hunter definitely wins best encore, hands down. What an absolute monster of a way to end the show that was.

Other than that though, eh it's a bunch of good songs but I feel like it could've done with another epic, replacing Wrathchild or something. Sign of the Cross would've just about done it, I reckon.

Ed Hunter definitely wins best encore, hands down. What an absolute monster of a way to end the show that was.

Other than that though, eh it's a bunch of good songs but I feel like it could've done with another epic, replacing Wrathchild or something. Sign of the Cross would've just about done it, I reckon.
I agree 100% ... I really love Wrathchild but SOTC is (IMO) their best song from the 90's and on my top 10.

That was a monster of an encore. Run To The Hills, in particular, is the perfect song to finish a great show with.

I would have dropped Wrathchild, The Clansman, Futureal and Man on the Edge and added Sign of the Cross (to have one song from the Blaze era, although I would have preferred Rime of the Ancient Mariner), Revelations, Children of the Damned and The Prisoner instead, but I was chuffed to bits with the return of Adrian and Bruce so I did not complain too loudly. :D

Last edited:
And what have the Maidenfans rating have to do with my personal taste? Hell I could even pick the least rated. :huh:
Depends on if you've voted, but it's a small percentage vs. no percentage. However, it's a good barometer for how the community feels.

Feel free to enjoy all the setlists you want to enjoy!

Back